*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/979551-GOOD-MORNING-AMERICA-and-you-Teresa
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2157052
There is beauty in all things!
#979551 added May 2, 2020 at 6:54pm
Restrictions: None
GOOD MORNING AMERICA and you Teresa!
Well, I was so tired last night that I went to bed at midnight, I fell asleep without any problems. I usually get my prayers said and fall asleep. But, last night, I crawled into bed and asked God to hug me so I could fall asleep. I didn't utter another word, not even Amen. *Facepalm*

Here's the kicker! A severe thunderstorm rolled in at 1:52 am. Winds were rattling my bedroom window and sucking it in and out, causing me to be abruptly awakened. *Shock2* I jumped out of bed and ran to the living room where the room was lite up with bolts of lightning. I, through the front door open, to be welcomed by giant bolts of lightning flashing across the sky in every direction. *Shock*

I slammed the door shut and ran back to my bedroom to turn off my fan and change into street clothes. At the same moment, as I turned off the fan, which is next to the window, it started to HAIL. I grabbed my clothes and ran back to the front door swung it back open to see hail all over my porch as I looked up I could see my car that I had forgotten to cover because I was planning on washing it yesterday. The hail was pounding against the metal at an alarming pace. I yelled, Oh my God, protect me!

At that moment, I saw a flash of white run across the neighbors back yard. It was Snowflake (my part-time fur son); he was running for his life and shelter. Like an idiot, I opened the door and yelled at him. There was no way he could hear me from the pounding of the wind, hail, and lightning. I screamed once more for good measure, I guess, I genuinely have no idea why I did, but never the less I did. Maybe in high hopes that he'd hear me and come running.

I grabbed my phone to check the weather report and see why I didn't get the tornado warning update. I had received one at 11 pm. The town's warning signals never went off. Heck, we were all asleep. It lasted for 30 minutes and moved on. But, in the meantime, I'm wide awake now and was in high hopes of getting a full night's sleep. It looks like my day might consist of a lot of POWER NAPS *Bigsmile*

I thought I'd share my "GOOD MORNING TERESA" moment! I've already set out the turkey to thaw, prepped my salad for the week, chopped up, and sliced six red and green bell peppers to freeze for quick meals. I am patiently waiting for Snowflake to appear from where he sought shelter last night and pray that he's not hurt in any way. I have already examined my car; there is no damage to it at all. Thank God that my car and I weathered another Mississippi storm. Now, I can't forget to check the bedroom window to see if it was broken last night, it sure sounded like it cracked when I was running away from it...*Laugh* I haven't moved that fast in years. *Rolling*

Oh, and I can't forget the most important thing today! Please, help me celebrate... my baby grand-daughter *Crown* Ella's 14th birthday *Cake2* and my baby brother *Crown* Max's 57th birthday *Cake* today. I have already sent them birthday wishes on FB before I fall asleep and forget. Who knows how long those power naps will be? *Laugh*

Well now, I pray that everyone has gotten a better night's sleep than I did, and may you all have a very blessed day in whatever you have planned. May it be as beautiful as my day is. The birds are singing, and the smell of spring is in the air at my place.

Hugzzzz and love,
Double trouble
*Hug**Heart**Hug*

© Copyright 2020 LegendaryMask❤️ (UN: tblakely5 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LegendaryMask❤️ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/979551-GOOD-MORNING-AMERICA-and-you-Teresa