*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/983103-The-Virus-Party
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#983103 added May 14, 2020 at 9:58pm
Restrictions: None
The Virus Party
OK, OK! I've had it with the Wuhan Flu epidemic!

There is a forest of information out there, so much that we've lost sight of the trees.

Allow me to review the bidding:

The virus originated in Wuhan China. Some say in a wild animal market, others in a level 4 bio-research facility and still others in a military biological warfare laboratory. Take your pick, somebody let the cat out of the bag, intentionally or unintentionally. It doesn't matter at this point.

It was a virus new to the world stage which meant, to begin with, that everybody on the planet had a bullseye on their chests because nobody had any antibodies. The only way to get those antibodies was to become exposed. Everybody is going to get exposed, sooner or later because there is no vaccine. Only when you do will the bullseye come off your chest. When that happens you might be oblivious, you could get a case of the flu, or you may drop dead.

This strain of the virus is known in medical terminology as COVID-19. It's highly infectious, and many of those exposed don't even know it. It spreads fast and can be deadly for those untreated, particularly the elderly.

President Trump did the right thing in shutting down the country. Had he not done so the virus would have spiked early, swamping our medical facilities and there would have been dead bodies in the hallways and backed into the streets. By retarding the spike he spread the base of the curve outward. People with the bullseye are still going to be infected but now it will take longer. That added time allows government to strike a balance between the medical and economic needs of the country.

The balance is this. First, as long as the hospitals can properly manage the COVID-19 caseload, we need to reopen the country. Infections will vary depending on geographical location. When the caseload begins to surge somewhere, then restrictive guidelines should be put in place to keep the caseload under the capacity of infrastructure. Second, the wagons should be circled to protect the elderly in nursing homes.

A number of Democrats, long before the Wuhan Flu epidemic, lamented that a booming economy did not bode well for them in the 2020 Election. COVID-19 dropped nicely into their laps and you can be assured they'll slow walk any and all efforts to reopen the economy. The virus was manna from heaven..."There really is a God," they must have uttered in awe. They should rebrand themselves as "The Virus Party."



© Copyright 2020 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/983103-The-Virus-Party