*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/985700-Monday-Musings
by Tanith
Rated: E · Book · Writing.Com · #2135844
With coffee and writing implements at hand, I can determine the shape of today.
#985700 added June 15, 2020 at 11:02am
Restrictions: None
Monday Musings
It's actually well beyond coffee time today; getting on towards lunchtime, in fact. With my work schedule having shifted back towards the middle of the week, I have resumed Monday errands and have already finished those.

I'm glad to say this weekend was productive for a change. I finally carried out my threat to clear the front porch of all that clutter and have cleaned up the chairs. And Ming, who took no notice of them previously, now sits in mine and meows piteously every time he hears me moving around in the kitchen, just as if he doesn't have a friend in the world. For a cat who started life as a very timid kitten, he's certainly gotten assertive.

Now, hopefully, I can turn my attention to a writing project for the remainder of the day. I've been reminded that I'm eligible for the "Journey Through Genres" contest with my membership, and this month's prompt is "fanfiction". I've never indulged in fanfiction; it just doesn't seem right to mess about with somebody else's characters and world. But a setting that suits me perfectly has come to mind, and a story to go with it. So after getting a little clarification on the rules (I don't want to annoy Neil Gaiman), I've started putting it together. Using Scrivener, because I'm rusty. We shall see how this experiment goes.



© Copyright 2020 Tanith (UN: tanith49 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tanith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/985700-Monday-Musings