*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/988326-Methane-Plus-Ice-A-Recipe-For
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#988326 added July 16, 2020 at 2:54pm
Restrictions: None
Methane Plus Ice A Recipe For...
July 16th Prompt: Neowise comet, a "frozen ball of ice that won't return to the inner solar system for 6800 years". Talk about it!
         So, a giant ball of ice is currently lingering for all to see. Huh, in Canada we'd call that winter and it takes a toll on our roads and vehicles.
          I've been in a comet. My hubby has tinkered with a comet, in fact he rebuilt one. We've both steered a comet. It really wasn't that difficult. I think it was a comfortable ride. I'm not sure, but there may have been ice. Ice is not a rarity here.
         Okay, this particular comet is a vehicle manufactured by Ford and known as a Mercury Comet. They sure had lofty model names. There is also a Ford Galaxy. They tended to rust, but they do make comebacks. To spot one head to a car show one starry night. No binoculars required.
         According to Google, a celestial comet is composed of dust, ice, methane, carbon dioxide and ammonia. This sounds like a sure fire recipe for combustion.
         Hey, I have an abundance of dust in my home. It's a naturally reoccuring substance. Like the comet it just appears and lingers.
          Most of that dust resides under the easy chair where certain sitters feel free to expel gas. The cushions of that recliner are methane infused. Wait a minute. I see a science experiment in the making.
          Okay... In the winter, we shall convince Grandpa to recline in his favourite chair outside. Of course, we will provide him with a parka. We're not barbarians. We shall sacrifice several of the dust bunnies, too. Hey, monkeys were launched into space in the name of science. We shall bribe a grandchild to pull Grandpa's , aka Menace of the Universe's finger 'cause we know what to expect. Boom ! Kazam! Fresh, natural methane meets dust and ice. Instant home-grown comet?

© Copyright 2020 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/988326-Methane-Plus-Ice-A-Recipe-For