*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/988648-Man-On-The-Moon
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#988648 added July 20, 2020 at 7:44am
Restrictions: None
Man On The Moon
In 1969, Neil Armstrong first set foot on the moon. Afterward, people commonly complained, “If they can put a man on the moon, why can’t they ______.” How would you finish that statement today?


owl for signature use *PirateFlag*


Quote: “Space is for everybody. It’s not just for a few people in science or math, or for a select group of astronauts. That’s our new frontier out there, and it’s everybody’s business to know about space.”Christa McAuliffe

https://www.keepinspiring.me/inspiring-space-quotes/

Quotes and Space


The thing I'm finding as I look for quotes on the internet to use in this blog concerns the opinions of various people. In each website the opinions don't always agree.

In the website I linked today there is a timeline that shows opinions, from 1969 the year of the first moon landing to 2020.

At one time people were telling us the way to space would be paved in the best interests of all mankind. Science and Math would bring countries together to work toward a better system of mankind. Space has room for everyone.

Then the USA government stopped financing the space program.

Sociology tells us that competition breaks up families, and social order. Now, the idea being pushed on the public is space can be best conquered by competing corporations. It will be paid for by wealthy people who want joy rides into the outer limits.

Today in this pandemic scene people are fighting behind the scenes about these kinds of questions. Are we going to have dollars or bitcoins? To wear a mask or not to wear a mask? Who is going to ultimately run G5 WIFI? What kind of health system should we use in the USA to continue to cover the health of everyone properly? Is Covid 19 as dangerous as the media coverage indicates? There are lots of other questions I'm sure you can think of some not on this list?

The coming societies of the world can not be built just on majority public opinion. Social life must be built on working knowledge. The public has to be informed about everything not just about how many people died today.

"If they can put a man on the moon why can't they teach people to appreciate the pattern of life that includes truth, and helpfulness between individuals and nations."


They push it toward people through fiction movies and stories and they imply it in media stories but why is it not taught in schools like a subject?

I'm presently reading STAY by Catherine Ryan.


Question: Can gravitational waves be formed into a tunnel. Could a beam of light then be thrown through that tunnel? Just wondering.

Merit Badge in Point of View
[Click For More Info]

Happy Birthday! Belatedly. I like your point of view *^*Bigsmile*^* ~Adrienne







© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/988648-Man-On-The-Moon