*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990169-Autralian-Coast
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#990169 added August 7, 2020 at 10:58am
Restrictions: None
Autralian Coast
Darwin Waterfront and Vibe Hotel: exploring Darwin and surrounding area.


This book is a Hoot! *MugR*


Although the vibe had some bad reviews I got along really well with staff. The rooms were clean and the showers large. I liked the seating on decks to watch the sunset. Lots of different kinds of group settings. Since I spent some time on walking tours the comfort was most appreciated.

I walked across the sky walk. You have to take an elevator up to the sky walk and then when you get really close to the harbor you take and elevator down. It was a stormy day with some thunder rolling in the horizon so the sky walk felt adventurous.

As I exited the sky walk there were some rental bikes. A little unusual because they had a very comfortable seat. Descriptively equal to sitting in a chair with armrests and a back. It's a good thing I rented one because walking around the walk ways was a long walk. We entered a park area where we saw a small beach which had a life guard chair and a volley ball net.

The walkways wandered all over the wharf. Passing the Beach markets. Lots of different views on the walkways. Saw the wave lagoon and the convention center. Also walked through some more markets and outside dining where flora and fauna surrounded the tables and dining areas, very secluded and especially peaceful. Then it was back up on the sky way walk to our starting point.

One of the residents told me that in WWII there were more bombs dropped on Darwin than on Pearl Harbor.

A lot of the building we see today is rebuilt from 1974 when Cyclone Tracy hit Darwin on December 24 after 10 p.m. The residents were celebrating Christmas Eve. They thought the cyclone was going to go in a different direction so they were caught unawares. The storm killed 71 people. There were winds of 135 m.p.h. 70 per cent of homes and buildings were destroyed with #837 million worth of damage. 30,000 people were evacuated many never returned. Today Darwin continues to have what is considered a low population.

It is interesting that mixed in with Australian shops we find Coles, Coca Cola, and Hertz rent a car.

I took Sandra Lyn and Blue Moon with me to Mindle Beach Sunset Market. They had strict instructions to keep me from spending too much. I did buy a aboriginal musical horn. There were so many things to see. Tye dye dresses, paintings of Beach Sunsets, gorgeous rugs with unusual patterns.

It's a good thing today was an active day with lots of walking because the food was to good to pass up. I agree with Sandra Lyn *Laugh* no moth soup or grubs of any kind. I no longer eat white tail deer at home so I'm not eating kangaroo here.

We also visited Liechfield National Park. There are 20 national parks near Darwin. This one has water holes between falls areas so you can wade and swim. We walk around the termite mounds which are high and wide. Really needed rest at the end of the day.







© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990169-Autralian-Coast