*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/992126-Moving-a-Mountain
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#992126 added September 2, 2020 at 10:14am
Restrictions: None
Moving a Mountain
Be inspired by this quote: "Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning." - Mahatma Gandhi

New Badge: Merit Badge in Keep It Up
[Click For More Info]

Hope you have a wonderful party week! *^*Bigsmile*^* *Trainv*


Here we go!! Ever here this saying, "Never say Never?" Did you ever read, "The Little Train that Could?"

In 1952, a Wesleyan trained minister, Norman Vincent Peale, made a big splash in the USA with his book, The Power of Positive Thinking. I pulled this book out of a relatives library of books when I was a teenager and read it.

It caused a lot of controversy when it was publixhed. Here is a question, Can you always actually believe what you are saying? Where does the belief come from?

I recognized Peale philosophy in President Trump immediately after he took over the office of President of the United States. This is inclined to be a philosophy sometimes followed by certain brotherhoods, sisterhoods, or republicans. Just say it and it will happen. Wikipedia has a page for Norman Vincent Peale that mentions, President Trump.

Another question: What happens when two opposing sayings are uttered? I say it will happen, you say it will not happen? Try reading, "The Little Book of War".

Unethical people sometimes use this as a way to convict an innocent person of something. My psychology class,101, covered a short teaching about how if you say someone is doing something often enough sometimes, they will do it or say it. This is a dangerous way to think about anyone. That is why our laws say innocent until proven guilty and the justice system is always trying to update their ways of getting real evidence of crime. Although the CSI TV shows have a lot of fake evidence collection on them, nevertheless forensics is growing by leaps and bounds.

Reference:

Hebrew 10:16 and the following link:

https://itisfinished.blog/2017/07/05/which-law-did-god-write%E2%80%8B-on-our-hea...

It is quite true that as an individual we should know right from wrong. Unfortunately, our environment growing up can influence that inner word that would try to keep us straight.

Another good saying equals, "Look Before You Leap." Mindfulness training can help us with this.

In one sense covid 19 will go away. The pandemic will wear itself out, there will be a vaccine available, immunity will take over. Not because someone said it would but, because we will work toward it with safety measures, and science.

I always liked what Thumper told Bambi, "My mother always says if you can't say somethin' good don't say nothin' at all."

Gandhi was trying to encourage people that's the good part. He speaks about belief. It's necessary to the formula.

Merit Badge in BCOF
[Click For More Info]

Thank you for joining us on this blogging adventure. I would travel anywhere with you as my cohorts in crime. *^*Heart*^* Lyn




© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/992126-Moving-a-Mountain