*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/992924-I-Want-To-Make-You-Smile-1979--Kenny-Rogers
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Music · #2231732
A very long serial novel running from 1974 to 1987, plus sequel and prequel.
#992924 added September 9, 2020 at 10:23pm
Restrictions: None
I Want To Make You Smile (1979) Kenny Rogers


I Want To Make You Smile (1979) Written by Bill Medley, Performed by Kenny Rogers



"If it's not too late... I want to stop the world and make you smile..."

Honestly, one of the prettiest songs ever written, especially with the great Kenny Rogers singing it. (Rest in peace, Kenny.)

Too often, people who have been together forever in any kind of relationship tend to start taking it for granted. They assume the other knows how they feel and let things slide, maybe forget that nurturing is a big part of a good relationship, and maybe, just maybe, that significant other isn't so sure anymore how you feel. Maybe you've gotten bored with him/her and have other, newer interests that have started to matter more. Maybe you've both changed so much through your mutual growing that the need isn't really still there. Maybe you've just shrugged it off as too comfortable, too familiar.

This becomes an issue in the later Rehearsal books. More than one character needs a reminder that says, "Hey, I'm still here for a reason and I need you to remember who I was to you and I need you to really see who I am now, and let me know if who I am still matters to you."

Stop everything. Pay attention. Let me know you see me.


------
This is entry #6 for
FORUM
Barrel of Monkeys  (E)
An annual interlinked musical blogging challenge! Starts every September 1st.
#1987725 by Jeff

© Copyright 2020 Voxxylady (UN: voxxylady at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Voxxylady has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/992924-I-Want-To-Make-You-Smile-1979--Kenny-Rogers