*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/994580-Detachment--or-Letting-Go
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#994580 added September 29, 2020 at 6:10pm
Restrictions: None
Detachment or Letting Go
Fidal (Grace), 4 Mashiyyat (Will) 177 B.E. - Tuesday, September 29, 2020

GROUP
Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise  (E)
Blog City - Every Blogger's Paradise.
#1972895 by Lyn's a Witchy Woman

DAY 2249: In an interview, Norwegian author Karl Ove Knausgaard, who wrote the six-volume autobiographical novel My Struggle and many others, said, “I don’t really pay much attention to the world. I’m not very present. I’m detached from almost everything. I’m very occupied with myself and my own mind. I’m not in connection with the world—but in writing, I can be.”
What do you think? If writers are attached to writing, how can they write if they are detached from the world?

According to the Cambridge dictionary, one of the meanings of detached is "not emotionally involved in a situation"1. Just because a writer isn't emotionally attached to the things or events of this world, doesn't mean much. A writer that is emotionally detached from the events of the world probably has more emotional energy to put into their writing. Detachment from the world just means that they don't worry about losing material things. Nor are they worried about how much money their books bring in, because they put their energy into creating plots, characters, etc.


Detachment is a means of letting go of what is unimportant to the development of the individual' soul and talent, while focusing on what will develop the person's soul and talent. Writing is one way of letting go of the disappointments and fears of the world of matter, and using those disappointment and fears in novels, short stories, or poems.

Footnotes
1  https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/detached


© Copyright 2020 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/994580-Detachment--or-Letting-Go