*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/994640-When-September-Ends
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#994640 added September 30, 2020 at 12:02am
Restrictions: None
When September Ends
Ah, yes, the traditional end to a 30DBC month.

PROMPT September 30th

Congratulations on making it to the last day of the competition! What was your favorite prompt from the last month? What was the most rewarding aspect of participating in the competition? Did you learn anything about yourself or your fellow bloggers?


Do I even have a favorite prompt? Unlike some previous months, I enjoyed writing to most of these prompts. I only recall one or two which presented issues for me, like the bit about spare time. I suppose I'll pick the "favorite seasonal thing" prompt from a few days ago, because it prompted me to write about one of my favorite subjects: beer.

The most rewarding aspect, and I don't remember exactly how I've responded to this question before but I suspect I'm going to be repeating myself here, is seeing the variety of other peoples' responses to the same prompts. We're all coming from a different place, so we all have our own takes on things. While it's nice to find people who agree with me, it helps me grow and think when someone has an entirely different worldview.

Did I learn anything? Sure. I always learn something. Sometimes I forget it immediately; at this point I need repetition to drill something into my head. I know I didn't comment on every entry I read, and I didn't read every entry, but the ones I saw demonstrated thoughtfulness and care in their answers -- whereas I'm aware I'm often sarcastic and sometimes prefer to inspire laughter than delve deep into the philosophy of some prompts. But that's okay, as far as I'm concerned. So I guess that's what I learned about myself, or, rather, confirmed: that I like being the comedian.

I suppose I should try for even more comedy, but you know, sometimes I just want to be serious. This may confuse people, though, and make them think that I'm trying to be funny when I'm not. But that's not nearly as bad as not being funny when I'm trying to be. That shit's downright embarrassing, like when you drop your pants for sex and the woman points and giggles. Or is that just me? Probably just me.

Anyway, I expect to be around next month too, just doing different things. Maybe I'll attempt some 30DBC Unofficial Month prompts. Almost certainly I'll take a stab at "Journalistic Intentions [18+]. Probably it'll mostly be me riffing off of interesting (or stupid) articles that are lurking in my Blog Fodder folder.

Oh, and I'll resume handing out Merit Badges in mini-contests. After spraying out a bunch of them early this month, it's been a few weeks again, so be on the lookout for those.

Anyway, it's been a good blogging month -- thanks to all of you for reading, commenting, and running the 30DBC. See you tomorrow!

© Copyright 2020 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/994640-When-September-Ends