*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/995733-Muzak
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#995733 added October 12, 2020 at 5:01pm
Restrictions: None
Muzak
Merit Badge in Point of View
[Click For More Info]

Happy Birthday! Belatedly. I like your point of view *^*Bigsmile*^* ~Adrienne *GiftW*



Write about elevator muzak---music.

Google says: Elevator music, more commonly known as Muzak, came to use in 1922 with original purpose to calm the fearful passengers who used the elevators for the first time.

All the elevators I have ridden lately are absolutely silent. Since they would have been in hospitals it’s kind of an eerie silence. The air and atmosphere deadened by being enclosed in a little box flying up or down without the feeling of movement until the box jounces silently to a halt and the door swishes open sounding like something from STAR TREK. Then it dumps you out on an equally silent hallway. You look up and down wondering if everyone else in the building is already dead, or maybe just hiding.

However, let’s not HIDE the little phrase, “PLEASE HOLD." At this point, while you are waiting to do some kind of business on your phone, you are subject to someone else’s choice of music. I'm likely to quit listening to the music pouring from the phone, so The person who put me on hold is often yelling, “Are you there?” Yep, elevator music!

Grocery stores are another place background music plays. The stores I shop in mostly play 60's music. It brings to mind, flower children. And then I wonder, if they are putting us in the mood to spend more money? Then I think maybe they are just trying to liven up the crowd. So I like to sing along. But, I draw the line at dancing down the isles.

It is kind of people who are trying to keep impatience at bay and entertain passengers and waiting people. I’ve never heard a lot of Muzak that sticks with me, as something I want to hear again soon. Now, I have earphones, and audio books on my telephone.


© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/995733-Muzak