*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/996100-A-Black-Cat-and-the-Universe
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#996100 added October 17, 2020 at 1:32pm
Restrictions: None
A Black Cat and the Universe
For "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise
Lyn's Prompt: Use these words in your blog entry... purple, pumpkin, determine, clock, scarecrow and Shelia.
===

Shelia the Cat
a story for children


It was the day before the Halloween night when the old black cat Shelia determined she needed to be owned. So she decided to pay a visit to a witch’s house. Since no one else wanted a black cat, Shelia thought of Amanda the witch might want to adopt her and possibly protect her from the tauntings of the purple crow in the neighborhood, but as Shelia ambled through Amanda’s vegetable garden, the huge scarecrow with the pumpkin head caught her eye. She slowed down, worrying if the scarecrow would attack her, but the scarecrow was standing in the middle of the patch like a frozen statue. So, Shelia turned toward Amanda’s twisted house with puffs of black smoke emerging from its chimney.

A few steps later, she heard an unintelligible chant. When she neared a couple of yards more to the house, she could make out the words to the chant. “Come little cat, come! Camouflaged in the witch’s suit, I am a hungry woman. I can eat a horse, or a bat, or even a cat. The blacker the better! I am now drawing one closer to me! Come little cat, come!”

Shelia meowed in terror, stopped short, and turned around. How could she be so dumb to let herself go under a witch’s spell? She didn't need her very own personal clock of life stopped like that.

Dashing through the vegetable garden, bumping into the scarecrow, and flying with the wind, she ran away from Amanda’s domain. After all, no one needed to be owned for protection. Not by a witch, not by anyone else. Shelia might as well protect herself from the purple crow or anything else that scared her. Hadn’t she done that all her life, anyway!


*FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV*


For: "Space Blog

Prompt by Megan: From Don Two ’s "One Million Stars
Write about the universe and the stars.


Sometimes I wonder about the stars and their numbers. Just how many of them exist in the universe, I ask myself. That amount must be so huge that it must far outnumber our systems of counting.

Yet, the astronomers say, the stars are not scattered randomly thoughout the space. They bunch together in galaxies, just like us people.

There are about six billion people on earth, which is a countable number. Still, can anyone claim to have met all the people on this tiny planet, which is not even a star?

Then, why in the world, would I want to know the number of all the stars? Chances are I’ll never meet or set foot on those stars either, and neither would I want to. Who knows what lurks in those darker corners of the universe? Better safe than sorry. I’d rather exist in my tiny little corner than traverse a whole crazy universe. Isn't one crazy planet enough to loiter about?



© Copyright 2020 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/996100-A-Black-Cat-and-the-Universe