*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/996208-Juxtaposition
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#996208 added October 19, 2020 at 12:01am
Restrictions: None
Juxtaposition
Entry #8 of 8 in

Journalistic Intentions  (18+)
This is for the journal keeping types that come to PLAY! New round starts July 1!
#2213121 by Elisa: Middle Aged Stik


*Mailr* hairtherapy@gilbertneurolgy.com


There exists an animal called the Japanese Dwarf Flying Squirrel.  

Each word in its English name has a specific meaning:

Japanese: from Japan
Dwarf: smaller than usual
Flying: able to soar
Squirrel: Cute rodent with bushy-ass tail

Nothing really special about any of these individual words. Quite common, actually. We see examples of most of them every day, either in our backyards or on the internet. Well, maybe I see more Japanese than others because... well, just you never mind.

The point is, put those words together and you get Epic Awesomeness. A Japanese Dwarf Flying Squirrel. Seriously, go to that link above and look at it. LOOK AT IT. And look at this picture,   too.

If that is not one of the cutest, if not THE cutest, thing you have ever seen, there is something seriously wrong with you. Possibly even a neurological disorder.

Perhaps, then, you need hair therapy.

See, unlike four words forming a unique synergy, as with the squirrel, sometimes you get four words that make you go... "Huh?"

Hair - humans' answer to fur; some have more than others
Therapy - a process to help restore a person's mind or body
Gilbert - somebody's name, presumably
Neurology - the study of the brain and nervous system

Each one of those words, taken individually, is rather innocuous -- though my personal connotation of neurology stems from when they took out part of my ex-wife's brain.

Taken together, though, they make no sense, not even a little.

I am, however, reminded of the hairshirt that penitents supposedly wore, and perhaps still do. Something deliberately uncomfortable that focuses the mind, hopefully forcing one to contemplate the numinous and esoteric rather than the pleasures of the flesh.

As a dedicated hedonist, though, I prefer cotton or silk. Just not squirrel fur. That would be cruel.

*StarB* *StarB* *StarB*


Mini-Contest Results!


I appreciate all the comments, but only one seemed to address the question in my last entry. So today's Merit Badge will go to WakeUpAndLive️~scary 2024 for:

Scientists discovered how to control a biomechanical hand, just by thoughts- 2009

Amputee Pierpaolo Petruzziello learned to control a biomechanical hand connected to his arm nerves with just wires and electrodes and became the first person to make movements like finger wiggling, making a fist, and grabbing objects using just his thoughts.


Which is truly cool (and, serendipitiously, ties in to the "neurology" thing in this entry, which was chosen at random). However, can you imagine what would happen if someone figured out a way to hack it?

"Why are you punching yourself?"

© Copyright 2020 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/996208-Juxtaposition