*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/998580-Two-prompts-in-One
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#998580 added November 17, 2020 at 12:31pm
Restrictions: None
Two prompts in One

Write about the biggest risk you ever took. What was the result?
In your entry today, plan yourself the perfect day. Who would you see? Where would you go? What would you do? How do you spoil yourself?

signature dancing owl *Type*

Started out the day with cinnamon apricot tea. Went to sleep last night with green grass and green fields woke up to 2 inches of snow and climbing. Now have 3 inches blowing in the wind and coating all the trees. I tried to get a blog done yesterday but could not get the busy work caught up. Today I'm combining yesterdays prompt and today's because what we did today was kind of risky.

November 16, 2020

I guess I’m a risk taker. I once read an article in a magazine about people who take on jobs that they are not suited for are risk takers, so that makes me what I am.

Two different riding instructors told me I was too short and too underweight to ride the horses I was riding. One instructor was so worried about my size he took me off a lippizaner, that I had been encouraged to use in lessons because the owner wanted the horse to get some jumping experience.

I was married the first time when I was 18. I left home immediately to live in North Dakota.

I traveled to the Panama Canal Zone with my 9 month old son alone.

All my stories contain some type of risk because I never once considered whether I could or would be able to complete what I endeavored to do. I cannot settle on one since my whole life I have been taking one risk or another. I guess jumping my 3 year old horse in training over a hay wagon was a biggie, I know the teacher was dismayed.


November 17, 2020

I would not go anywhere today. Blizzard going outside. First Blizzard of the year. Suppose to be in the 50’s next week. Three inches of snow down now.

As for the day. We spent the morning moving two easy chairs to the family room in the basement. The corn stove is chugging and it is really cosy in the family room. I don't plan special days any more. I do make a plan for what I will do each day. Sometimes I follow the plan sometimes not.

Over the years the family room has changed according to the need. Now with the corn stove there, it is a cosy sitting room. I’m going to sit and read all afternoon. This morning the dog and I ventured out to fill bird feeders. I cleaned steps and salted them. And shoveled snow off the back part of a porch that does not have a roof cover on it.

People in their 70’s moving furniture from one floor of the house to another is a risk. Once accomplished it is good to know it worked well. I’ve been missing blogging days because each day lately seems stuffed with get it done things. Maybe the snow will slow down some of my projects.

I can get back to blogging and writing. News is pushing corona again so keep safe.
__________________________________________________________________________

© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/998580-Two-prompts-in-One