*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999604-WHAT-did-you-just-say
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2157052
There is beauty in all things!
#999604 added December 4, 2020 at 9:29am
Restrictions: None
WHAT, did you just say?
WHAT, did you just say?


We took our Thanksgiving break at families in Arkansas this year since it would be our first visit during the covid quarantine. Fable was to meet my youngest son Eric and his family for the first time, and she was to meet my oldest son's stepchildren. Jeremy and Tami were here when my niece brought her to me in July. Along with meeting them, she would meet Kooper, Kaiser, Marlin, and Gunner, my fur grandsons. My granddaughter Shelby had adopted a black Lab (Roxy) a few months ago, and we both would get to welcome her into the family during our trip. We would be attending Ana's birthday party on Sunday at Jeremy's as well.

Our trip over was a little stressed Fable isn't used to riding in a car during long trips. She was used to riding in a cage, and there was no way that it would fit in the back of my Mustang. *Think* I rolled the side windows down for her to get fresh air and enjoy the ride a little better as she likes to ride around town with them down. She paced a lot on the way over, and every noise woke her up when we would pass a vehicle or a truck would pass by us.

Eric is in the middle of a major remodel, and if you have ever been in a major construction zone, you know how chaotic it can be. We helped out when we could and cleaned up where needed. The feast was enough food for an Army. We ate on the patio and froze after 10 minutes because the sun went behind the houses on the hill. I went inside, hoping not to get sick. The fur babies had fun, and everyone had plenty to eat. Gunner and Marlin were left at home because six dogs in one house under construction would be way too much to deal with.

The birthday party was small due to covid Ana only had family members in attendance. Turning nine, she was a little disappointed but soon forgot that her friends could not attend. We all made up for it with games, gifts, and singing. She shared her icing flowers with me, and no one else. Since I could not have any cake, it was a beautiful Unicorn cake. Krogers did an amazing job on it for $25. for the same cake, Walmart wanted $65 for it. We swapped the fur babies out in the bedrooms because it was only 30*+ in the garage, so we split time up with them. Gunner is a little jealous of other dogs, so we had to swap them around, giving each time with the family.

While we were in Arkansas, I looked at places to live and realized that it would be a little harder than I thought. We spent 3 days looking at places and areas that would be safe for Fable and me to live. I will eventually find the right place at the right time, in God's timing and Grace.

We had a great time during our stay, and it was very short in a way, but we were so ready to get home. Fable was a gem on the way home, and of course, the side windows were down for her, and the heat was up for me. I decided to treat her to a little car picnic. It would've been outside, but we picked the coldest day in the South to travel. We hit wind, rain, and even snow once we reached Mississippi. We had a blast sitting in the car and people watching. Fable sat patiently, waiting for her fries to be handed to her. It was a pure joy to see her watching others. She is so sweet and a joy to have.

I had a little surprise a few hours after we got home. I was putting things away and started dinner for us. I reached into the kitchen cabinet and rammed my left shoulder into the cabinet door that I thought was totally opened. I hurt so bad that it redamaged my shoulder from the accident with Fable several months ago. I was shaking it off when I looked down and saw blood on the floor. Fresh blood! I took off my sweater and top shirt, finding that I hadn't punctured my arm. So, where did the blood come from?

I checked everywhere on Fable and myself and found no blood. It kind of freaked me out. It wasn't there when I got home. I did find my backdoor unlocked while inspecting everything out. My neighbor had forgotten to relock it when she went out of it. Was someone in my house and I didn't know it? I checked every room and closet, not a soul in sight. We went to bed after dinner. We both were exhausted after a long day of traveling.

The next morning I found more blood on the floor. This time it was more than the night before. What was going on? Now, I'm really starting to freak out. Fable reminded me she needed to go outside desperately. Off we went. I was going to have to look harder where the blood had come from. Fable did her touring of the yard and eventually picked her spot to relieve herself. We trotted to the backdoor, and I glanced down at her, and I could see she was a little disappointed not to spend a little more time outside. I told her I'd give her 10 minutes before we had to go in. She trotted back out to the yard, searching for more evidence that her yard was intact the way she had left it a week ago.

That's when I noticed that she had blood running down the backside. I panicked, seeing that the blood was coming from my baby girl. I immediately took her in and cleaned her up to see where she was bleeding. I called my niece, no answer. She was at work. I texted her one little sentence. In the meantime, I went to the store to get supplies and get Fable some treats and a few other things. She replied to my text about four hours later.

Jess: WHAT, did you just say? No, F$%&#ing way!

Me: I replied, I'm sure of it.

Jess: Kim told me she spayed her!

Me: NOPE, she didn't!!!

We talked after she had gotten off work and had determined that Kim probably had planned on getting Fable spayed, but during her divorce, she probably was sidetracked, and she had passed away unexpectedly. My fur baby is not spayed like we had been told. My baby girl is being extra pampered, and momma is on guard duty for the next few weeks. Who knew I would have such a surprise like this! Here's to all the 2020 surprises we have gotten so far this year. I truly hope there aren't any more big surprises in store for us.

Love ya'll and hope you had an amazing Thanksgiving like we did.

*Hug* *Heart* *Hug*

P.S. I forgot to tell you the one-sentence I sent to my niece.

Me: Guess Who is in HEAT? *Facepalm* *Headbang*



   


© Copyright 2020 LegendaryMask❤️ (UN: tblakely5 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LegendaryMask❤️ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999604-WHAT-did-you-just-say