*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1427475
by Sprite
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Environment · #461532
Speak your mind about animal rights or environmental issues.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 3, 2007 at 5:30pm
Environmental and animal Arrogance
by Mark
I'd like to ask you folks what your opinions are on two things.

The first:
I believe it is wrong to house, cage or otherwise "keep" animals as pets. These are not natural environments for the animals. We've gone so far as to breed animals to fit our needs. Pretty arrogant. I think all animals should be in their own environments, and left to natral selection and survival. Love them and appreciate them, don't control them.

Environment:
If you look at the English invasion of America, and the colonisits/ US. conquering of Native Americans, you can track the human lust for aquiring and consuming, misusing land.
The natural environmet is strong enough to fix itself, unless something like humans overwhelm it. We're doing a lot of damage, and most of it would not be damaging if
we were at one with the environment, instead of living in spite of it.

If we offered land only to those who would use it in harmony with nature, there would be zero problem. Greed and arrogance rule instead.

Aside from personal responsibility, what do YOU do to ensure the health of our environment?

I will of course respond in kind to any questions you may have.

Great forum idea, glad you re-introduced it!

Mark R

"Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do."
 Voltaire.
"To ignore evil is to become an accomplice to it." Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Live life with a smile, think with an open mind, and Love with everything you have." iammark301
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Environmental and animal Arrogance · 01-03-07 5:30pm
by Mark
Re: Environmental and animal Arrogance · 08-03-08 4:04am
by Coffeepaw

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Sprite.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1427475