*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1464034
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1213006
A place for adults to discuss writing and write intelligently on any topic, from E and up
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 3, 2007 at 11:08am
Get Rich Quick From Your Writing
Has anyone else paid any attention to the sponsored link which says "Write 7-15 page small reports. Make a living online writing small reports on virtually any topic you can imagine."

It sounded tempting but I thought is was for one of those term paper writing companies, and no way was I going to participate in something like that. Just out of curiousity, I took a look at it, anyway.

Clicking on the ad leads you to a daunting web site. I accidently printed it all out and it was about 50 pages long. It's not clear at first what this Jimmy D Brown, whose site it is, is proposing. He's not hiring, but he does have a time proven method that will make you rich if you just follow it. Of course you have to buy his book in order to do it. It is only $97. Apparently he teaches you to write the articles, create a website to showcase them and attract clients.

He includes glowing testimonials from real clients, so until you read the fine print which says it's not guaranteed to make you the money that these guys did, it seems foolish not to give it a try. I googled the people giving the testimonials and found websites for 3 of them. Two of them seem to be selling their own methods for making money by writing short papers. One of them actually has written some papers. They are on his website for anyone to read for free. He seems to make money from his google ads.

As far as I can tell, none of his successful clients actually sell their writing of short reports. I've been half tempted to approach this guy and say, "I am writing a short 7-15 page paper on get rich schemes. Could I interview you."

If anyone actually plunks down their $97 (money back guarantee during the first 30 day period) I'd be curious to hear about your experiences.

As for me, I'll pass. I've always said that if an offer looks too good to be true it probably is (too good to be true.) If it's not a total scam, the best you can expect is that while a few people make money from it, most probably will not.

But read my fine print: No claims are made that my observations from 3 websites fairly represent this questionable venture.

Comments anyone?

Marcia
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Get Rich Quick From Your Writing · 03-03-07 11:08am
by Marcia Landa
Re: Get Rich Quick From Your Writing · 03-03-07 11:32am
by Ginfla
Re: Re: Get Rich Quick From Your Writing · 04-19-07 4:25pm
by Budroe
Re: Re: Re: Get Rich Quick From Your Writing · 04-20-07 2:22pm
by Ginfla

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Marcia Landa.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1464034