*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1860548
by Sprite
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Environment · #461532
Speak your mind about animal rights or environmental issues.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 13, 2009 at 4:12pm
:)Environment and animals:)
by Kali
Hello:) I am all for the environment and animal rights! I don't deny that global warming is happening and we are surely the cause. Our Earth is so precious and we should conserve it as much as possible, even with simple things like turning lights off in the night on buisnesses, or recycling in resturaunts and buisnesses, hospitals. I am thankful that it is becoming more of a trend and more people are becoming green friendly, but still so many people are completely oblivious to what's really happening. I can't tell you how many times its been snowing like crazy out and super super cold and someone says "and they say we're in global warming" sarcastically. I laugh at thier ignorance! I think people aren't educated and don't want to take the time to educate themselves. They want to stay all curled up in thier "happy" worlds where they can't be influenced by anything else real, thus detatching themselves even further from real, true feeling.
I learned about what happens to animals last year in the animal farms. Now personally I'm not one for imposing my ideas on others, I think everyone has a right to what they think, and I wouldn't throw paint on someones coat, but I don't agree at all with the cruelty!! I will eat meat, but only organic meat that had a healthy life before being slaughtered. I wont eat beef, but I do feel it is natural to get protien from animals, just not at all in the way most places do it. I can't believe the way farms treat animals!! They actually justify torturing animals! They justify castrating bulls while they are fully concious with garden sheers, and slamming pigs against the sidewalk to kill them. Cutting off little baby pigs ears and tails and reproductive parts, and giving cows so much hormones to produce milk the poor thing can't even walk properly. Skinning racoons alive for fur clothing, slaughtering horses with little axes, just wrong. Cruel. Animal testing too, No Way!!! - NOTE: Mars candy company (producers of mnm's, milkyway, snickers, skittles, ect.) animal tests. Hershey does not. The candy says the company on the back-. Also, I will never buy a puppy or dog from the store. Puppy mills are absoulutely horrific and watching those videos is so sad. :(. Anyway, if people take the time to open mindedly educate themselves and then still don't like it, well then I guess that is personal preference. But I've been told off so many times for my beliefs when I was ASKED. It's very frusturating. My sources for most of my info is stoppuppymills.com, PETA, friction.tv and others. :)
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
:)Environment and animals:) · 02-13-09 4:12pm
by Kali
Re: :)Environment and animals:) · 11-19-13 12:13am
by Lesley Scott
Re: Re: :)Environment and animals:) · 11-29-13 10:21pm
by Lesley Scott

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Sprite.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1860548