Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #1339130
For the campfire, "Waylon's Crossing"
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 21, 2009 at 9:32pm
Andante wrote me with some great questions, and I wanted to share:

I'm having a little trouble deciding what to write in my addition. I know that the group plans to fly back to Waylon's Crossing, and have an elite force of the Queen's warriors join them there to help defend the city from Xeran. What I'm unsure about is logistics.

You've set us up perfectly fine (your post made me laugh). Having the demons carry them is the fastest way, although for sure they will hate it! lol. There are more than enough of them to carry everyone and supplies, as well as keep a mobile honor guard free. I imagine they'll fly in a V formation like most birds, as that's the most effective way to fly in a group. Kynan cannot fly and will be carried.

They'll fly for a day (give or take, considering the time changes) with one break to swap burdens so none of them get over-tired. Then rest for the night and arrive in Waylon's Crossing the following day. I think it took 3 days by carriage on the way to Asphodel Fields, if I remember correctly.

The demons are all elite warriors (being members of the Queen's personal army), so each of the demons is 6-7 ft tall and built like linebackers, so they're pretty intimidating, even for those who have had interactions with demons before. Karadur is of course the biggest, oldest, and meanest.

Also, is there anything in particular that needs to happen while they are traveling?

Um, not that I can think of? other than resting. If you want to add in anything, you are welcome to. The kidnapping was foiled, but there's bound to be a few who got away, if they ran before the demons arrived. Our group was able to learn something of Xeran's plans, but word of the botched attack will surely get back to the demon lord; the only question is when. What will our small group find when they get back to the city? *Smirk*

If you don't think your chars would go, of course they don't have to. That would be something cool to write about, the whys and hows or whats of what they decide to do instead.

Once they arrive, the first thing to do is get Inspector Alber back to his division and alert the rest of the City Watch. (the city being blissfully unaware of all that has occurred other than the strange night that began all this).

OH! And remember you can discuss any of the events up to where Andante left off, and/or move the story forward. How did the chars react to Karadur's announcement? to the demons swooping in? did anyone help dispatch the last of the mercenaries? how do they feel about catching a ride piggy-back style on a demon?

We're building up to the final confrontation with our evil villain and determining the fate of the city! Will the beings of the World of Night or the World of Light prevail?

I saw this and thought it was so perfect!
A sig that's actually a sig!

For my campfires FAQ.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Travelling · 09-21-09 9:32pm
by KC under the midnight sun

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Raiza (Djourn).
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1971243