*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2325567
by Bonnie
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Contest · #1771712
A contest to write the best letter to our service men and women serving over seas.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Nov 20, 2011 at 6:11pm
Idk if thi is where I put my letter, but here I go. :-)
by A Non-Existent User

I have a story to tell you. Here I was sitting at my computer just thinking about myself. I finally got my kids to fall asleep, my husband is at the auto crafts shop here on post and all I want is a few minutes to myself so I can try and write, try and get all the thoughts that are in my head out before I explode...and I see the link "Letter from Home" and i immediately think of my husband who will deploy soon and my brother who is on his fifth tour.

And I think of you, the soldier that I don't know that is out there on his own probably sitting in full gear maybe trying to eat a bag nasty and hoping that the day will be over soon o you can finally rest. I wish with all my heart that I could tell you with certainty that all your brothers and sisters will come home with you soon. That you'll be able to see your family soon, that everything will be alright. But I can't even tell my husband that, not when I know that it might be a promise that I can't keep...

But I do want to tell you that there ARE people here thinking about you, that there are people here in the States praying for your safe return, that hope is close and maybe someday you'll be able to come home, maybe go to a nice small town where corn fields are the dominate characteristic. Maybe some day you'll come home and like a kid walk along a field with your hands grazing the stalks. You'll stop at the creek and dive in with all your clothes on because the only things nearby are the warm sunshine, the fields and the peace. it doesn't matter that you are all wet or that you are floating on your back down the stream. You have fish nibbling on your toes, the sound of the water in your ears and a blanket of the best feeling of love and peace over you that you have ever felt.

One of these days, sooner than you think, you'll come home. On of these days we won't be fighting anymore. One of these days you can lay down at night and you won't see sad faces or words. Your dreams will be good. One day you'll come home. We all look forward to and pray with all our hearts that that day comes soon.

I know the day won't come soon enough for you and I know that you are probably wishing for a letter from someone you know and care for, but I want you to know that I care for you, and that I hope and pray you come home safe. You are in my thoughts and prayers Soldier. Thank you for what you are doing, your sacrifice for me and so many others. I can tell you this, that even though I have never sen your face or heard you speak, that I love and thank you, and that my heart aches for your safe return.

Soldier on.
With all my heart,
Jessica
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Idk if thi is where I put my letter, but here I go. :-) · 11-20-11 6:11pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Bonnie.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2325567