*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2467980
Rated: E · Message Forum · Holiday · #1899538
A letter from home for Christmas for soldiers who can't be here. CONTEST - NO ENTRY FEE
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Dec 4, 2012 at 1:48pm
My letter and it may be used for all purposes.
by A Non-Existent User
Dear Soldier,
It is with a warm heart that I write this letter wishing you a joyous holiday season. I know too well, what it is like to have a child away from home, my eldest son suffered illness during training at Camp Pendleton in April. By some stroke of amazing fate we were unable to see him for the three months of his illness, which happens to bring him home for the holidays. We thought 2011 would be our final family Christmas, but here we are, blessed with just one more.
He will return to base after holiday leave on January 3, 2013 and seeing my second son off to boot camp on January 28, 2013. This will be a tough time for our family, saying “See ya later,” so frequently. Next year, it just won’t be the same, it is doubtful that Uncle Sam will be so kind to let both my children have leave for Christmas.
This is why I feel compelled to write a “Season’s Greetings” letter to you my dear friend. You are my children’s team mate, no matter your branch of service; you are brother or sister to my children. Thus, you own a piece of my heart as you serve our great nation and for many years beyond.
Whether you are emptying your boots of sand, or chowing on an MRE, I’d like you to stop for just a moment and follow these directions:
1. Put your left hand on your right shoulder.
2. Now your right hand on your left shoulder.
3. Squeeze those shoulders tight.
4. Know I’ve just hugged you from across mountains and oceans.
5. Know that hug can be given as often as you like, and they are free.
Deepest Greetings for a safe, healthy, happy holiday season.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
My letter and it may be used for all purposes. · 12-04-12 1:48pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Angel_Eyes.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2467980