*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2493212
Rated: E · Message Forum · Friendship · #1058105
Enter your original romantic short story to win an Awardicon worth 15,000 GP's.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 10, 2013 at 7:40am
BE MY VAL......
Its been a long day, Alicia walk slowly down the street of her home. Life had been so lonely, she had been so lonely. At the age of twenty four, she lived with her friend in a small apartment in Dancan Street no boyfriend. Only a girlfriend who always made sure she enjoyed her life to the fullest.

Next week is Valentine’s Day, she had already know how it would be, Henrietta would be with Raymond and she would be at home, wither reading or sleeping all day. She really wished on 14th February would be during the week, she would have had the excuse of going to work and coming home late. But sadly enough, it would be on Sunday.

Though, Sundays used to be great with Hanrienta and Raymond, but this Sunday would be different. It’s special she would have to stay at home alone.

The Val she spent last was last two years with James. James had been a great suitor, they had met in college and fallen in love with each other, Alicia has always hope she and James would grow old together and had imagine herself and James old with their children until that unforgettable day exactly two month from their engagement when all those hopes died with James at the hospital. He had an accident on his way home from work, Alicia could still remember that day as if it was yesterday. The phone call she received and how she nearly fainted when she saw James on his dying bed, his eyes closed. He looked so white as it there was no more blood in him and there was a wound near his eyes, forcing a smile and mouthed. “I love you”. Then he closed his eyes and that was the end of him.
Her eyes became moist, the road ahead no longer clear, she should go home, she thought she turned around and collided with someone.
“I’m sorry, she said hurriedly without even looking up, but she knew it was a male “I am really sorry” she added.
“No problem.” She heard the soft male voice said. “You are crying? He asked softly.

Alicia shaking her head looked up and came with the most beautiful and warmest eyes she had ever seen. She stopped shaking her head and looked at him gentle; he was beautiful with soft brown eyes. The type that could melt a stones, the type you could trust your life with. Lost for words, they stood there staring at each other.
“ I am sorry”. Alicia said again, breaking the silence.
“You are crying”. He said, more certained.
“Yes, I am sorry”.
“For what?” he asked puzzled.
“For not looking behind me before turning, “ she answered” I have to go” she said and started running.
“Wait!” he shouted behind her “hey wait” he shouted again.

Alicia kept running, all she wanted was to go home and get relaxed, she was so confused. He wanted to run after her, but he stopped himself, it’s non of his business if she wept a hole full of bucket.

Taylor walked down the rest of the road to his apartment. He moved there three days and it was a lovely street and he enjoyed his stay there.

He walked slowly and stood with the queue he looked at his watch, 6:55, five minutes remaining for the train to arrive. Holding his briefcase at his side he stood patiently waiting for the train. The station was so noisy, two girls walked pass him and he heard one say:
“I am going to buy Tim a very nice shirt, I hope he would like it”.
“Of course, he would.” Answered the other ”buy him red!”.
“That is why I wanted to go to the store today. It may be scare after today you know val is in five days.”
Taylor raised his eye brows, oh so it was all about valentine. He looked around and noticed most of them were young, probably all going for val shopping, the thought.
“The train arrives in two minutes, you must hurry Henrietta! “someone said breathlessly between Taylor.

The voice sound familiar to him, he stood there trying to locate the voice, then he remembered. The voice of the lady who collided with him four days ago. He turned and saw her.
She was wearing a beautiful blue dress with a very simple makeup, she stood straight looking ahead of her. God she was so beautiful.
“Hello?”
Alice knew who it was before she even looked up. He was standing beside her, his voice was as soft as the first time he had talked to her. She looked at him slowly right from his toe to his head then back to his eyes. He was smiling broadly at her, she felt her knee weaken.
“Hi”. She manage to say.
“Do you remember me?” he asked.
“Yes”
He stared at her for a moment and said.
“We did not have the time to introduce each other the last time we saw, you were so upset”.
“Yes, I just remember something sad.”
“Oh, am really sorry”. He said still smiling
“My name is Taylor, and yours?”
“Alicia”. She said smiling back at him.
“You have a lovely name”, He said, staring at her with admiration in His eyes” I like it”.
Alicia felt her heart leap “Thank you”
“Alice?”.
“Henrietta! Thank God you are here.” Alicia said looking at her wrist watch” it’s exactly 7:00am!”.
To prove her words, the train arrived with a great horn and everybody got inside.

Herientta looked at Alicia questionably and looked at Taylor who sat opposite their sit.

“Henrie, please skip all the rubbish and say what’s on your mind” Alicia said irritatedly.

Herrientta struggled” well, I was just curious.
“Of what?”
“Of him!. She said looking at Taylor.
“Well, sweet Henrie, his just a friend I met four day ago: she said “And before you accuse me let me introduce you to each other.”

Holding Taylor’s hand, she said. “Henrie, this is Taylor; Taylor this is Henrietta, my friend and housemate.”
“Nice meeting you” Taylor said
“Nice, Yeah” Henrietta said smiling warmly
“She said you met four days ago, where?” She asked.
“At Duncan street.” Taylor said “On my way home”.
“Where do you stay? Henrie asked expectedly.
“Duncan street” He answered ‘Something is wrong?.
“Of course not!” We stay there too.
“hmm; that’s great !!!. he said
“Yes, can you come for dinner, tonight?”
They chattered all the way and when the stopped, they said their good byes and went to different ways.

Taylor tossed from side to side on his bed, he wanted to sleep but, sleep would not come. Why he thought, then the answer came. Because he was thinking of Alicia. Damn! The last thing he wanted was to worry about any woman, after what his ex girlfriend did to him.

Against his will, her face came to his mind eye, she was smiling beautifully, wearing a three quarter pink dress serving their dinner. Maybe it was wrong for him to go to Henrietta invitation for dinner earlier tonight. Her smile was so broad and sincere as if she had never cried in her life.

Yet he had saw her, she had looked so vulnerable and he wanted t o hold her then and now. God! Help me, he thought, I have been thinking too far.

“Cia, you have to hurry up, the train is due in five minutes! “Henrietta said outside their apartment, speaking more louder she added
“I wonder what makes you wakes up late today, you are the early type!”
“A minute missus!” Alicia replied hurriedly “I just have to put my shoes on!”

“Ha!” Alicia exclaimed “It is few minute to due time!”
“Of course, I could hear the sound of the train already.” A male voice said from behind
“Taylor!” Henrietta said excited “What a surprise”.
“I was hoping I would see you” He said looking pointedly at Alicia.
He was looking at her with admiration, she was so beautiful and peaceful, God what was wrong with him, he thought.

I love her. The realization took him by surprise, his brows coming together in a frown.
Alicia felt indomitable, he was looking her openly and she felt embarrassed, she could feel her face heating up. She have to distract him with something; something less personal
“How was the weather? “She asked a little more serious than normal.
“Cool.” He replied still looking at her.
Henrietta looked form Taylor t o Alicia, smiling knowingly, she said trying to free her friend from her distress.
“Yeah, pretty cool” Henrietta said, “The train is here, we should get inside”
“Val’s is in three days”Henrietta said after they had all settled in the train.
“Henrie, you don’t have to remind us, everyone knows that Alicia said with disgust.
“You don’t have to be rude. Cia”. Henrie said jovially “Well, am just excited. Imagine me and Raymond!”.

“Yeah!” Alicia said rolling her eyes” I know its going to be great.”
“Guaranteed,” She said looking at Taylor.
“Taylor, how is your girlfriend?”.
“We broke up last year.
“Oh!” She exclaimed.

“you maybe taylor’s Val.” Henrietta said sitting near Alicia on the sofa. Handing her a cup of coffee. “Its freaking cold.”
“yes”. Alicia said, taking her eyes off the television for a moment.
“yes? He’s taking you out?” Henrie asked with interest.
“No, I mean its freking cold
“huph: Henrie sat back losing interest
“Why did you ask about his girlfriend this morning”.
“I wanted to know of he had one and I know you also wanted to know”.
“No”
“ I am your friend, and I know you”. Herientta said . “ You were intereted in him as he you, you should see the way he was looking at you today!”.
“I know, but I don’t want to have anything with him.” She whispered.
“Why? Henrie asked “He is a good guy?
“I still love james”.
“For goodness sake!” Henrie shouted” its been two years, Two good years!”
“its none of your concern”. Alicia said
“Cia, you are my concern, you are my best friend and I love you. Please”.
They stared at each other for some moment. Blinking several times, Alicia said
“it’s been a long day and I am tried.” She said standing up. I need to rest”. She finished and climbed the stair that lead to their bedrooms.
“Think about it, Cia.”. Henrie said pleadingly behind her “I have the feeling he loves you”.
“Ok” she replied without turning back.
Alicia moved from cupboard to cupboard, taking out the necessary things needed to prepare a late dinner. She and Henrietta had went to Val’s shopping on insistence of Henrietta.

Henrietta had closed from work early and come to where she works and asked her to see her to the boutique, Alicia had first argued with Henrietta, seeing that her effort is useless had gave in and followed her to the boutique.

She inhaled deeply, Henrietta was in a festive mood and had gone from shop to shop choosing at her best. They almost make round in all the shops when Henrietta saw her choice and she had also bought a pair of panties and underwears..

Thirty minutes later, Alicia balanced the food on the tray and walked to the dinning room. She almost drop it when she saw Taylor sitting with Henrietta at the dinning.
“Taylor!” she exclaimed “when did you come in? She asked.
“Few minutes ago.” He answered smiling at her.
She dropped the tray on the table and turned back to the kitchen.
“When are you going?” Henrietta asked.
“To add more plate!” She answered behind her
Alicia walked into the kitchen briskly, taking a deep breath. God, he looked so handsome, what was he doing here? She wondered, she took the plate and spoon and walked back into the dinning room and caught Henrietta saying.
“Isn’t she great?
“Of course.” Taylor answered
Alicia cursed under her breath, Henrie would soon learn her lesson if she continued like this, she vowed
They chartered through the meal, they talked about so many things. When they were through Henrietta cleared the table and went into the kitchen, leaving Taylor and Alicia together.
They sat awkwardly facing each other, stealing a glance at each other. The silence stretched between them and Alicia felt uncomfortable. Damn.
“Why did you come?” she asked.
He was now staring boldly at her now, his brows coming together as if he was weighing her question.
“Henrie asked me to come. He answered
“Oh!” She exclaimed, raising her brow.
They were silent again. It was then Alicia understood the situation. Henrietta called him and left her with him on purpose. She had gone too far, she’s going to get the sharp edge of her tongue……..
/”The meal was great.” He said breaking the silence.
“Thank you.” She said politely” I should see what Henrie is about in the Kitchen”. She added standing up.
“Wait!” he said hurriedly, coming around the table and standing in front of her, “I want to tell you something”
“W….what? she said slowly.
She expected him so say.” I love you” but instead he drew her closer and covered her mouth with his. At first it was reluctant and gentle then, more deeply, drawing her more closer.
Alicia felt her heart leap with joy, she could feel her world turning upside down. The last person he had kissed was James, yet it felt so right kissing Taylor though it was wrong. Wrong? She contemplated. Yes. Wrong.
She broke away from him covering her face with her hands and breathing deeply, removing her hands from her face she looked at him directly.
“You should be on your way.” She managed to say.
Taylor stared at her for a moment and said “Am sorry if i…….”
“No, its not your fault” she said close to tears” just, go; please”.
He stood looking at her.
“Go please, you don’t want to see me cry” she said” Do you?”.
“No”. He said shaking his head, he turned and walked out.
Alicia ran out of the dining room to the stairs leading to her bedroom, closing the door firmly behind her, she lay on her bed and cried her heart out. She was in love again.
“Hey! Henrietta said beside Alicia in the kitchen” What are you preparing?”
“Spaghetti”. She answered” You know its your turn to cook, why are you late? “She asked.
“Just a little too much work to do, you know tomorrow is Sunday and tomorrow is val”.
“So?”
“I wanted to clear my work”.
“I don’t believe you”. Alicia said, turning and looking at the package in her friend’s hand
“What’s in there?
“Something you wouldn’t want to know” She replied
“Ok” replied turning back to her cooking.
“You look bored, what’s boarding you”.
“Nothing”.
“Cia, I am your friend.” Henrietta said “ I don’t know how long I will keep telling you this, you have to confide in me”.
“No, don’t border yourself”. She said” am still myself.”
“Please, you are a little pale than normal”.
Alicia faced her friend again “Its just that ……”
“What?” Henrietta said worriedly “tell me”
“I am in love.” She said slowly
“Hmmm” Henrie hummed rolling her eyes “And who is the lucky guy?”
“You are mocking me.”
“I am serious, cia”. Henrietta said and hugged her friend” I am happy for you”.
“He doesn’t know, and tomorrow is val.” Alicia said.
“Don’t tell me you are worried.”
“Of course I am” She said “You know I am very possessive. I don’t want him to go with another girl.”
“DO you think he feels the same way about you?
Alicia nodded her head.
“Ok then” Henrietta said confidently” lets give him from now till tomorrow morning”.
“what it he didn’t not show up.” Alicia asked
“ then we would go to his house and tell him”.
“Do you think that is a good idea?
“We have no choice ! ”

Alicia woke up slowly, looking at the wall clock opposite her bed, 7:00am, she got out of bed and took her bath, brush her teeth, got dressed at went down stairs.

Henrietta was sitting on the sofa watching the morning program. “ He did not show up.” Alicia said sadly, sitting on another sofa near Henrietta.
“Let’s wait till eight, if he’s not here then we will have to go to him.”
“I felt sorry for myself,” Alicia said” I asked him to leave the last time he was here.”
“You already told me.’ Henrietta said “ And you don’t blame yourself. You were not sure then, l would have done same thing:”
“ You are such a wonderful friend”
“ I heard as if something was dropped in the mail box”. Henrietta said, stretching her ears.
“Are you sure? “
“Yes.”
“O,K, I will get it”. Alicia said standing up and went outside.

Alicia couldn’t believe her eyes, stuffed in the mailbox was the biggest valentine she had ever seen. Her name was hand written at the right hand corner at the top of the card. And on the card was written boldly. “BE MY VAL”.
Se ran triumphtically inside and shoved Henrietta the card.
“look ! it’s a Val Card.”.
Henrietta collected it and opened, then read it aloud.
“You are the best thing that ever happened to me and I only hope that I can
make you happy as you’ve me.
I love everything about you and I am so happy that you are in my life.
I want you to know how much I love you and how much you have changed my
life for the better.
Thank you for being you
I love you.’
Happy valentine Day !
Taylor.”
“Wow ! So romantic.” Henrietta said smiling “lam so happy for you”. She hugged her friend.
A knock sound on the door and Henrietta went to opened it.
“ Taylor.” she said
“ Henrie, is cia in? He asked looking inside
“yes, come in Please”
Henrietta lead him into the parlor were cia sat still holding the card.
“Excuse me” she said and went into the kitchen.
Alicia stood up and hugged him “oh how I love you” She whispered.
“Ohi Taylor breath out in relied “ I was afraid you would send me away”
“ I would never do that again, am sorry;
She said, removing her hand around him.
“ It doesn’t matter, I understand” he said drawing her to him and kissed her.
“ I love you” He whispered, breaking the kiss “so much”.
“And I love you” she said.
“ Let’s go out” he said
“ Sure” she said walking to the stairs. She was half way the stairs when she remembered she had no cloth fit for Val, she turned back and said
“Sorry to interrupt.” Henrietta said coming and of the kitchen. “ I already bought you a dress.”
“ when? “ Alicia asked surprised.
“ Yesterday, the package I brought in “ She answered gladly” It’s inside your wardrobe”
“Oh you’re such a darling” Alicia said coming down the stairs and hugged her friend “ I am blessed to have both of you”. she said looking at both Taylor and Henrietta.
“We are all blessed “ Taylor said” for having each other especially you, Cia I love you”.
“I love you too, Taylor” She said” let me get dressed, just a few minutes.”
“O.K. I am going out now” Henrietta said” I will see you later”.
“Bye ! “ Alicia said climbing the stairs.
Few minutes later, Alicia walked down the stairs in an elegant gown.
“ You look so beautiful my love. “ Taylor said taking her hand in his
“ Thank you”.
“This is one of my best val ever.” He said
“ Me too, especially with you Taylor.” She whispered.
And they walked out the door to have the most wonderful valentine of their life.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
BE MY VAL...... · 02-10-13 7:40am
by HABII OTHMAN

<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, S.M.Heavens.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2493212