*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2496966
Rated: E · Message Forum · Community · #1516434
For Simply Positive Group members. Other reviewers welcome too!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 20, 2013 at 12:40am
Review(s) Requested - fantasy piece
by A Non-Existent User
Hey all. :)
I'm a newbie here and in my portfolio I have a single item I'm working on called The Sound of Pain (not as drastic as it sounds), and I'd love any critiques or advice I could get on it. It is a couple chapters from a fantasy novel I am working on. Not exactly sure where it's going to go . . . but I'm still in the brainstorming stage. I just heard a couple of my characters clamoring around in my brain as if they had something to say so started writing and out came a chapter or two.
Anyway, I'd be much obliged if someone would take the time to review it. I had a couple questions.

~First, it's in first person. And I do not write in first person. Not ever. In fact, I have avidly avoided the first person POV for most of my writing life, so it would be wonderful if you could let me know whether or not I butchered it or what areas need patching up.

~Secondly, if you could comment anything on my characters that would be lovely. You know, whether say say/do things that are realistic. If they seem interesting. It's hard for me to tell, having come up with them and all, I have a fondness for them and could never decide if they needed improvement.

~Anyway, other than that just whatever you usually do to critique would be grand. I know it's just a few random chapters, but I'd appreciate all the help I can get.

Many thanks!
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Review(s) Requested - fantasy piece · 02-20-13 12:40am
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Simply Positive.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2496966