*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2528002
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Contest · #1931562
My blog. Sometimes abstruse musings and rants!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 27, 2013 at 7:44pm
Late-itude
MAY 27 ENTRY: Are you the type of person who arrives early, right on time, or fashionably late to an event?

I must confess, I am the kind of person who is almost always late. I don't do it deliberately, it just happens. Perhaps I am too lazy. If I have to go somewhere at say 7 and it takes me 10 minutes to get there, I wouldn't set out until 5 minutes to 7, ending up late because whenever you're late and you have to get somewhere, all cars are in your lane. As Murphy's Law says "If anything can go wrong, it will."

I remember reading this in a magazine or some thing : "it is a part of etiquette to be a little late." I think I took that too seriously and kinda forgot about the "little" late part. Sometimes, I even astonish myself with this attitude, or as I call it "Late-itude". Every time I am called out for being late, I decide that I won't do that again and yet the very next day, the same happens! Incorrigible!

I know GB Shaw said "Better late than never" but this is one habit I'd really like to change. Punctuality opens up a few bonus doors for you, as I have begrudgingly found out. I envy people who are there on site 15 minutes early always. "Where do you find the reserve to get up so early?" I sometimes ask them. They all strangely say the same thing, "the early bird catches the worm", and I always cheekily reply, "but the last mouse gets the cheese."
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Late-itude · 05-27-13 7:44pm
by Jack-check out 7YS
Re: Late-itude · 05-27-13 8:47pm
by Elle - on hiatus
Re: Late-itude · 05-27-13 9:14pm
by Prosperous Snow celebrating
Re: Late-itude · 05-28-13 4:02pm
by Fivesixer
Re: Late-itude · 05-29-13 1:05pm
by Moody Blue: Needs an Upgrade

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Jack-check out 7YS.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2528002