*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2529872
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Contest · #1931562
My blog. Sometimes abstruse musings and rants!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 1, 2013 at 2:18pm
Performer or Bystander?
JUNE 1 ENTRY: Do you consider yourself the outgoing performer or the appreciative bystander? Why?

So here we go again. *Confettiy*Blogging month begins again.*Confettiy**Delight*

Appreciative bystander is a person who is not a ‘doer’, who stands on the pavement, never crossing over to the other side, while applauding or praising those who do. I don’t believe I can be this kind of a person. I am jealous, yes jealous, of other people. It was difficult to accept this but it is true. I don’t just stand there, watching other people pass me because, if you ask me, nothing ever happens on the side of the road. To not only remain stationary, stagnant but also admire people who move, grow and progress is almost unthinkable for me.

Outgoing performer is, according to me, a sociable, extroverted person, who wants, no demands to be seen by virtue of his performances. He is difficult to keep out of the limelight. Do I like to perform? Yes. Am I outgoing? Not so much. I have come to learn, the hard way, that while standing on the fringes of the life offers a unique perspective, there comes a time to see what life on the dance floor is like. Performance is what shows people what you are, what you can do, what they are fighting against. A life spent standing is not a life at all, if you ask me. Previously, I used to spend most of time alone, I didn’t show my compositions to anyone, but now, I have changed myself. I sent in a couple of stories for publication in a magazine, not a huge one, but still a magazine. I joined WDC, something I wouldn’t have earlier. I am constantly on the lookout for opportunities to write, write more, and expand my horizons.

To perform, it is important to figure out what you want to do. I found my passion in writing. If you are not passionate about what you are doing, after sometime, you will find yourself immobile, static. There is only a certain extent to which you can grow if your heart is not in it. Like a cow tethered to a hook in the ground can only graze only a limited plot of land. So, to be a performer, first find your passion and then live it.

MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Performer or Bystander? · 06-01-13 2:18pm
by Jack-check out 7YS
Re: Performer or Bystander? · 06-02-13 3:20am
by Noyoki

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Jack-check out 7YS.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2529872