*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2583139
Rated: E · Message Forum · Contest · #1518804
CLOSED --- NOT OPEN 2017/ RECOGNITION OF AN 8YR contest nor my 12 yrs here is a mystery
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 15, 2013 at 12:59am
Edited: November 10, 2013 at 1:02pm
ABOUT EVERYONE CONTESTS/ FEES
Opening this writing contest as the mood struck to provide a place for traditional short stories without the hassle of word limitations ... * poetry came to roost as well in the fateful Autumn of 2009.

* Often when revving (reviewing) flash fiction aka short shorts reviewees, owners of those stories admit wishing for a little more leeway. They agree the extra space allows more room for better stories to build.

As years went by --- Eventually less true writers faced off. The trick & treat of this contest for me -- is reading the products in bitem form from serious writers who set out to win and create.

IF you, anyone or EVERYONE hopes to explain why more submissions are not handed in ... be my guest. My fun wanes cajoling for stories. So dont enter? slips south for some. Others decide on gala time ... thus Caldron Time.

One year I knew the mood of Halloween often strikes late for plotters .. so I extended deadline
to Thanksgiving. That night I sat reading entries while a neighbor plugged in his Christmas lights. It was fun, it was cold and I clapped from across the street from an unlit porch wrapped in a parka.

"Invalid Item was very popular that year with Secret Santa, a darlin whom gave away the moon. Generosity runs deep with moi. Short story fee --- 2kgp, poem 200gp

FEES
However, IF a person is real, not a clone nor online persona of sorts ... aka a serious or casual writer they will not snivel at entrance reading fees.

IF a person is not willing enough to back a poem for 100 gp .. or a short story for 1Kgp then to me they aint serious 'tall. This site boasts of creativity and writers galore ... but when does it deliver?

Now all writers are listed on the HONOR ROLL. @ CLUBs official "Invalid Item writing/ image contest.

So what maybe intro or mission statement seems too long to some. Others read, filter rules ... start a story. Now, hey ... FIFTY THOUSAND GP for FIRST PLACE is kinda huge in comparison onsite. Winners receive decent, fab rave revs & announced appreciation for entering... LIKE: thank you this story or poem which is indeed goooooooooooooooooood damn ... nope no badge.

Whatz the fuss of not entering? Hell, maybe I'll write the Autumn story I have in mind ... wont accept a prize, course not sillies. Work with me here. I shot a rooster for the pot in the intro. Be nice to me, please.

Kinda offering this contest for writers ... cajoling wanes my mood. Enter or not Enter. Fine!
Spreading the word sitewise helps expose us. Deadline far off ... Nov 15.
Last night we had two stories. So it's on .. oh yeah .. Its Caldron Time!

"WHILE Harvesting short stories & poems on the side remains hopeful
@ "EVERYONE HAS A HALLOWEEN by Sat Oct 19."

Well this ends' typing like runny coleslaw on a warm October morn ... stay tuned.

Join the party ... Why not simply: Say hello. Forum posts welcome fiction speak, Autumn comments ... sharing. Donations go a long way, sweetcakes.

God Save the World. Blessed BE!

Make me laugh. PLEASE!

cccaaack CACK! AUCK!

Uhoh .. a conspiracy ... gotta run ... feathers everywhere.

Ed note: Nov 10, 13 --- Apply this post to

Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1190255 by Not Available.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
ABOUT EVERYONE CONTESTS/ FEES · 10-15-13 12:59am
by April Sunday

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, April Sunday.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2583139