*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3048830
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Folklore · #1343647
???? TEFF HAS Twelve years on WDC! FORUM keeps ADC records.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Dec 13, 2016 at 1:26pm
DEC CONTEST QUASHED

Regretfully,
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1190255 by Not Available.

SHALL not conduct an annual, no-word-length contest here @ http://www.writing.com during Dec thru Feb Jan 2017.

There are several reason for this major deviation from my winter norm.

First: There is a total amount of invasive interference from the planet Local Intranet. An entity we cannot escape in today's world of cyber surveillance.

I feel this aides and abets spam. TEFFs average in three days runs about 200 spam adverts.

Thus when I went online to *Check* and run the most recent contest, an activity for

Invalid Item 
#1323687 by Not Available.

Just negotiating my email boxes during the Autumn Contest
 Invalid Item 
#1518804 by Not Available.
became quite time consuming.

I rather hope that spammy cracker box fills itself up, because I'm ever so tired of all this mess.

Next April Sunday received her 16th review badge for Nov 2016, where I was listed 81st in public rev pg stats.

I reviewed only for "Invalid Item

I had to ask myself in a playful way, why if a member of this website has other rev badges, a list of complimentary credentials from many people over the years, renews an annual membership since Oct 2004 ---(even four years not gp paid)

--- leading to --- why the silence on after twelve years here onsite, the constant insult? OF no yellow case for one teffom@writing.com.

Nor can one fathom the problematic attachment to my user name.

I never turned it down. Nor had one and screwed up and lost the gold. And yes, many agree, of the less importance on the fact of y/c black/c these days. We're not babies after all.

Well that candy cane of irritation became why bust a gut of HONOR ROLL Bitems, reviews, rewards,. contest space -- etc as a contest hostess of two popular EVERYONE contests (onsite since 2006/2009)

When even after ten years of adding to the gambit of search engines beneath --- http://www,writing.com === offering writing contests --- oh hail the writing contest claim -- Search it -- it's comes up first. Yes, a site offering writing contests.

Then this ever uniformed, genius, such as myself stays the same.

Folks are very kind to me and this deluge of fleeting depression has not pulled me in for over five years almost.

In 2015 a blue case member of "Invalid Item invited me to host an innovative short story contest. A good thing, a compliment indeed. His idea wasn't feasible at the time.

In the last two years, I've seen newsletters & blogging improve and an upturn with more emphasis on writing than just reviewing -- onsite changing for the better.

Word lengths could still use a boost, however.

One of the very best things to happen in the last few years is CONTEST CENTRAL STATION. Hugely beneficial for swinging Contest GP about the site.

Now, once (and sure,names cannot be mentioned --- not even the coveted y/c is a topic one should even consider addressing) whether or not a warning is in play, or a just keep a lid on it- topic ... all unknown-- and not one of the recipients of this letter might even consider saying -- hey? To this topic. My port fits the y/c bill so do my activities.

Now once, a member here in good standing said to someone or other -- Yo, I'm here eight years -- promote me. He became yellow.

About two years back, tightening the portfolios, the way we often do, organizing, I tossed much to save space and keep a clean slate of progressive as a community member.

So, in my December years, in DEC 2016 -- I regret that I cannot run this contest. In good faith.

However, if and only IF there is a change in my onsite status, I shall naturally consider doing my best again this year or even open the contest for Christmas Genre in early 2017. This contest always tried to convey --- you as writer will take in Christmas, observe it closely. Winter will be with us both, TEFF and yourself. The contest lasts until the last snowflake melts in a sense. The stories were always very important.

From the wish list -- anyone who was prepped and ready to go -- post the story or poem. I'll reward it and cherish it all the way to March.

The Archive is a fancy place to enjoy the season.

Invalid Item 
#1521424 by Not Available.

Don't worry about this Grinch, I'm fine. Although it is a damn shame to see the country divided like this.

Cordially as ever, TEFF

PS: Oh and lastly. Few use the CLUB forum. So, it shall be group only for one month. Then closed.

Because Valerie Jean and Dave and ANN Patterson and others kept a good pace -- I might not delete same.

@
 Invalid Item 
#1343647 by Not Available.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
DEC CONTEST QUASHED · 12-13-16 1:26pm
by April Sunday

<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, April Sunday.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3048830