SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3417222
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Personal · #2243361
What are you addicted to?
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 22, 2021 at 5:15am
Projects
I'm constantly starting new projects instead of finishing old ones. I work on a project for a while, get burned out or bored by it, move on to another one, and so on. I do occasionally finish one, but I am definitely addicted to starting them. I literally have a spreadsheet to keep track of them. Don't believe me? Here's my current list of projects:

*BurstGr* Second volume of my family recipe book (yes, I actually finished the first volume!). This volume is baking recipes. I have all the recipes, but haven't put the book together yet.

*BurstY* Third volume of my family recipe book. This volume is drinks, special occasions, condiments, preserving and miscellaneous. I have all the recipes but haven't put the book together yet.

*BurstB* Inventory of my mother-in-law's heirlooms. I have finished the list, but need to sit down with her and both her sons and work out who she wants to bequeath everything to. I completed the ones for myself, my mother and my father.

*BurstBL* Inventory of my elderly neighbour's heirlooms. I have photos and notes/recordings, but haven't typed it up yet.

*BurstBR* Family history book for my mother's side of the family. I have done most of the research and have started creating the book.

*BurstG* Family history book for my father's side of the family. I have done most of the research but haven't started the book.

*BurstO* Family history book for my mother-in-law's side of the family. I have done most of the research but haven't started the book.

*BurstP* Family history book for my father-in-law's side of the family. I have completed most of this, but need to reformat it so that I can get it printed hardcover.

*BurstR* Coffee table-style photo book of my 2018 trip to the UK. I have the photos but haven't started the book yet.

*BurstGr* A coffee table-style photo book comprised of photo essays. I have the photos but haven't started the book yet.

*BurstY* A book of my very favourite photos. I've started this but haven't finished.

*BurstB* Memory books of my childhood pets. I haven't started this yet, but I did complete the ones of our cats who died two years ago.

*BurstBL* A coffee table-style photo book of photos of New Zealand. I have started this, but need to take more photos.

*BurstBR* Printed photo 'album' books, one for each year from at least 2001. I need to finish organising my digital photos to progress with these.

*BurstG* A printed book of my best poems. I have started this (and have a title!) but haven't progressed very far. I keep thinking it looks stupid and can't figure out the best way to place the poems on the pages, and whether to incorporate photos or not.

*BurstO* A handwritten book of every poem I've ever written. I started these when I started writing poetry at age 14, and stopped when I started writing poems digitally in 2000 when I joined Stories.com (which became Writing.com). I have gone back and started putting in the poems I've written since then. I think I'm up to 2016 or something...

*BurstP* "A Mosaic of Labels - my autobiography. I've finished my childhood and I'm most of the way through my teens.

*BurstR* I've written a newsletter for family and friends since 2001, and I want to do something with them, but I'm not sure what. Some sort of collation? I'm still pondering how best to do this.

*BurstGr* I've been blogging since 2001, and that means I've written about both my pregnancies, my wedding, my children's childhoods and all sorts of important and everyday moments. Since I started blogging (well, actually before then too, but I was smashbooking before then) I've collected memorabilia - movie tickets, certificates, photos, concert tickets/programmes, etc. So I'm creating books, one per year, with the blog entries, photos and memorabilia in them. So far I've finished 2001. You can see it here:

*BurstY* "Invalid Item (early stages) - a library of romance novels recommended by me and others, sorted by genre, trope, archetype, etc. I've made a list of all the categories, and I've started creating 'chapters' or pages for each of them. Haven't finished them all yet, and then I need to sort the books I've read into those categories before I can make it public.

*BurstB* I want to take all the blog entries over the years where I've written messages (or poems!) to my children, and compile little books for each of them. Like 'Letters to Jayden' and 'Letters to Caitie' or something. I think this would be really cool. I haven't started yet, so I don't really have a good idea yet if I have enough material.

So yeah. A bit of an addiction to starting projects. *Blush*

** Animated Images For Use By Premium+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Projects · 04-22-21 5:15am
by Elle - on hiatus
Re: Projects · 04-22-21 8:14am
by Vaishali

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Vaishali.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3417222