*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3455609
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore. Prep 2024 signups now open!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 7, 2021 at 2:55pm
Clambering in the roof
I was hoping to do a lot more on my story, what with it being my day off and all. Instead I spent many more hours than I planned taking an aerial wire and a cat-5 cable across the roof from one side of the house to another. It all started well enough, and I soon had them into the loft space from the target room. When I got to the other side, where I need the cables to plug in, I realised just how low the roof space was there - I physically couldn't get to it. *Rage*

So I concocted a method involving a cane, some string and a bit of electricians tape - just call me MacGyver *Laugh* - because it worked, I managed to get both cables down through a quite small hole, and then hid it behind some ducting. My wife was very happy.

Eventually I got down to the outline revision, and I used a spreadsheet, (I've done some cut and paste to be able to post it in my WDC book).

I'm glad it's character listing tomorrow, I need names for people, I like coming up with names, so it should be fun. I also have an idea for a protagonist background story, so I may make a start on that.

Reading the posts in this Message list helps - knowing others are having similar distractions and plot headaches, and are still plugging away is a moral booster.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Clambering in the roof · 10-07-21 2:55pm
by Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness
Re: Clambering in the roof · 10-07-21 3:55pm
by QueenNormaJean gettinPomsready
Re: Clambering in the roof · 10-07-21 8:23pm
by Past Member 'stolenthrones'
Re: Re: Clambering in the roof · 10-07-21 8:28pm
by QueenNormaJean gettinPomsready

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3455609