*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3652751
Rated: E · Message Forum · Contest · #1935693
Do you love the challenge and creativity of free verse poetry? This contest is for you.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 18, 2024 at 6:12am
Round 131 Winners
Before I announce the winners, I want to say a huge thank you, to everyone who entered this round. What a fantastic bunch of poems you gave us to read and judge. Honestly, it was a tough task to make our final decisions. (Just to show my appreciation, I will buy everyone who entered a raffle ticket from "Raffle Tickets!!! CLOSED!!.)

Just a quick reminder that this contest is for free verse poetry only. If your poem has any set rhyme scheme (so, rhyme that repeats in a certain formula, whether it is one you have decided, or whether it is a recognised form), it will not qualify for this contest. As I don't read the entries until after I have closed the round, this means you won't have the chance to enter an alternative poem.

Okay. So, onto the winners ...

1st Place ~ "Since the Stroke"   by Lostwordsmith

2nd Place ~ "February's goodbye"   by Kåre Enga in Montana

3rd Place ~ "A Letter from Batman"   by ßlueyeʐ 💮

HM ~ "Early Morning In The City"   by Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness

HM ~ "Scotland in Bloom by Kit

HM ~ "The Forever Battle "   by Nixie

Congratulations, to all of the winners, and also to everyone who entered. If anyone is looking for examples of how to write free verse, or for poems they would like to review, you can do no better than the ones written for this contest. *Wink*

Round 132 is now open.

Do you dare enter the arena? Is your dragon ready to do battle? Then, check this out: "WDC Dragon Vale

Dragon Vale Emblem
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Round 131 Winners · 05-18-24 6:12am
by Choconut

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Choconut.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3652751