*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3678989
by s
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Contest · #2273172
A contest involving writing a horror story. Simple, really.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 7, 2024 at 11:22am
Edited: September 7, 2024 at 11:58am
September Contest Entry
Is it ok to write in here cause my portfolio has no space? (Please read to the end, I wrote two pieces because of my mistake, but they're the same story, just different word counting.)

Title: Cheeseburger
Genre: Horror, Dark, Food
Rating: Pg 13+
Description: All because of a delicious cheeseburger craving.
-----‐------------------------------------------

Standing by my window, there are days where I ponder what to write, and then there are days where I ponder how to explain what I write. I will tell the story anyway...

I believe I was a 17 aged soul.. My parents were in their 40s, and I was craving a juicy cheddar cheese burger whilst waiting for my life to go by alone. It was a typical Tuesday, sun saying farewell to the world, moon awaiting to greet us a night. That juicy cheeseburger never arrived. I would look outside my window, wondering when I could get one, but my father was asleep, and my mother was busy in her room. Alas, I believed it was okay without one, but really, was it? My mind was plagued with the taste of cheesy flavors and hamburger meat, I just really needed that burger! I told my head that I couldn't get a cheeseburger, but my head was full of desire. It made a devious plan, like when I googled, "How to get away with murder." I didn't know how to say no to my brain that kept poking me about eating a juicy, delicious, cheesy burger. I understand that I was stupid, but in that moment of my past, I was an intelligent genius about to grab my mind's desire. Silently, I opened my room's door, hoping not a creakful groan would escape. Luckily, there was not a peep. I carefully treaded to the living room, knowing that the floors were a year older than me, and with every tread came a slight creak, but just like the door, not a peep. Entering the living room, you could hear the snores of the couch. On the table a few inches away was a wallet. I didn't care whose wallet it was. It was my ticket to steal what I wanted, a delicious, juicy cheeseburger. I didn't want to wake my dad, so I shifted across the floor, my feet prepped as if practicing for ballet. When I reached the table, I grabbed the wallet, but something felt wrong. I had not paid attention to my sleeping father. When taking the wallet, I took a glance to make sure he was still asleep. I couldn't help but gasp to find him awake. His eyes were glassed over, as if he had been awake for hours. He didn't even react to me stealing the wallet from the table. He just sat still, like he was paralyzed, staring into the distance. Observing more closely, his eyes lost their darkness, replaced with the color of mirky paint water, and the way he smelled traumatized my nose. Next to him was a small stereo that played the sounds of his exact snores. It was as if someone recorded him sleeping. I forgot about that cheeseburger, and I tried to barge into my mom's room, but I couldn't. Somehow, it was locked, which was odd because my mother never locked the door, and the lock was broken, so how was it locked? I probably should have dialed 911 at this point, but I didn't think it was worth the wait, so I quickly walked into my room, grabbed a chair, and returned to the locked door. I stood inches from the door, held my breath, and plummeted the chair against the door with my entire force. Luckily, with a door a year older than me, the door broke on the first attempt. With the door broken, I walked inside, anxious of what I would see. My mom was typing on her computer with her usual bouts of work. She was completely nonchalant about the broken door, and her fingers were twisted. Something about her made me realize that she wasn't my mom. I was too afraid to tell her that something had happened to dad. I was too afraid not to notice the wet feeling plopping onto my shoulder whilst I planned to calmly walk out of mom's room. Whatever that was wet didn't stop dripping from the skies, though, and my eyes curiously darted to the ground. I hadn't felt or noticed it, but I was walking in a flood of something cherry red. Shocked, I curiously looked at the ceiling, my eyes caught on a lifeless body suspended in the air. It was my real mom. With her blood, she smeared a few sloppy letters that spelled Run! I know I should have run, but my eyes couldn't help darting to my other mother without the buttons. I think I should have left the door locked and called the police earlier. It would have saved me from my stupidity. When my eyes darted to my mother, the other mother's typing slowed to a stop, which was creeepy. Looking at her in the moment, she's stared at me with a look of malice, her eyes replaced with holes oozing out dark shii, her mouth squeaked into a crooked smile with teeth of a shark. At this point, I expected it to be the end for me, but she just stood there laughing. I love jokes, but my arse really wanted out of there, yet there was a poking in my soul that said it was pointless. Despite the poking, I tried to walk gently backward, hoping for a successful escape. With just one step, she lunged at me, no longer in a humane form. From afar, you'll say a demon fought me, intentionally wanting to slay me. It was hard to struggle with this demon. She was strong, and I was a human who never expected that fight. It's painful to say that she won as she clawed my life away from my body. The pain was over when my world was dark looking for the light. It was confusing that a light didn't exist, yet I was searching for it for hours. Suddenly, it felt like something was behind me, and I felt knocked out. Opening my eyes, I gasped, surprised that I woke up in my room. I believed that I probably had a nightmare, but I also experienced a weird feeling of deja vu. I pushed it away at the thought of a juicy cheeseburger. It kept plaguing my mind like in the dream. I was going to plot a heist to the living room when I looked at my drawer table. A warm cheeseburger, wrapped in yellow paper, was sitting there. Confused, I examined the burger wrapping and opened it to examine the burger. It seemed like an ordinary burger to me. I smiled with delight as I took my first bite, the flavors of the melted cheese, juicy beef, fresh pickles with diced onions, and the crafty sauce hitting my taste bud With every bite, the bloody juices hit the wrapper to prevent a mess. When my burger no longer existed, I stood to throw the wrapper away, but when I looked at the paper, I couldn't move. In sloppy letters, the juice said Run!, but I couldn't run. Paralyzed, only my eyes remain awake.

(1176 words)
-----‐------------------------------------------

Sorry, I misread the word count. Here's a shortened piece of what I wrote:

Standing by my window, I explain my story to you.
I was a 17 aged boy who really craved a cheeseburger. Nobody bought me one, my dad was sleeping, and my mom was working in her room. I couldn't not have one, so I decided to heist my dad's wallet in the living room. When I grabbed the wallet from the table, I realized that my dad was awake, staring in space, lifeless, and a speaker played a recording of his snores. I went to my mom's room to tell her the news, but it was locked. I decided to break down the door with a chair instead of call 911. Walking inside, I found my mom typing, but she didn't care about the broken door, and her fingers were twisted. I was scared, knowing that she wasn't my real mom, not realizing her blood spilling from the ceiling flooding the floors. I got curious and made the mistake of looking at my mom's lifeless body on the ceiling, which made the fake mom stop typing. The fake mom stared at me with empty eyes of oozing malice and razor teeth of a shark, smiling. I wanted to run, but the moment I tried to escape by walking gently, she turned into a demon and killed me. I faced death until I was knocked out and thought it was all a nightmare, but the burger on my table says otherwise.

(240 words)
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
September Contest Entry · 09-07-24 11:22am
by Alisha P. ☕
Re: September Contest Entry · 09-12-24 12:13am
by s

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, s.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3678989