*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1002260-Are-You-Listening
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1002260 added January 16, 2021 at 11:03pm
Restrictions: None
Are You Listening?

PROMPT January 16th

In your entry today, write about something you overheard while eavesdropping on a conversation you were not a part of. As part of “Creation Saturday,” you choose whether the conversation you write about is real or fake! Encourage discussion in your comments section - do your readers think your story is real or not?

Well, to me eavesdropping is nothing more than being sneaky. Butting in where you shouldn’t be. Sticking your nose in where it doesn’t belong. What other cliches can I think of?

You know, coming around the corner and hearing, “That Norma, boy oh boy, is she bossy.” I heard that one time. Now that set me back on my haunches, so to say.

I didn’t know I was coming across to that person as ‘bossy’. That was not my intent. It made me reevaluate how I tell people what to do. If I want something done, I will think before I speak. Engage brain before mouth. *Brain* And that is something that is so hard to do.

Did something you hear cause you to reconsider your actions in the future? It did me. It caused me to think before I speak. Folks don’t like to be ordered around. I know I don’t, so why should I expect that others would want to be treated that way? It says that in the Bible. Do unto others as you would like them to do unto you. The Golden Rule.

Do you think I actually heard that? Fact or fiction? Let me know.


© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1002260-Are-You-Listening