*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1002187-Daniels-Dream
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1002187 added January 15, 2021 at 9:02pm
Restrictions: None
Daniel's Dream

PROMPT January 15th

Write about dreaming. Do they ever mean anything, or are they all meaningless? Why are they sometimes scary, emotional, silly, or prophetic? Have you had a memorable dream recently?


I’ve heard that if you are falling during a dream and hit the ground, you’re dead. Hmm. I usually wake up when I am falling and feel in a panic. Maybe there is some truth in that.

There are a lot of stories of dreams being given to God’s prophets in the Bible. The one I like the best is the dream Nebuchadnezzar had. It troubled him greatly. So greatly he couldn’t remember it, just that the dream had great importance for him. He called his wizards and wise men and asked that they tell him what the dream was and what it meant.

Well, the learned men of Babylon stated, “Tell us the dream and we’ll tell you what it meant.” Too easy. Anyone can make up an interpretation. The king decided all of them were evil, just pandering to him, so he sent out a decree that they should all die. But Daniel, one of the Hebrew slaves exiled to Babylon and one of the wise men, asked for time to interpret the King’s dream.

Daniel prayed to his God. He asked for wisdom to interpret the dream. That night, God gave him a vision with the information he desired.

He gave the interpretation to Nebuchadnezzar. He not only told the King the dream, he also told him what the dream meant. The King fell down before Daniel, worshiped him, and gave Daniel a high position in the court of Babylon. He also said ‘Truly your God is the greatest of gods, the Lord over kings, a revealer of mysteries, for you have been able to reveal this secret.’

You can read all about this in the book of Daniel in the Old Testament of the Bible, Chapter 2. *GiftR*

I believe there are many secrets we know nothing about. God speaks to us sometimes in dreams. You just need to ask Him what they mean.


{e/size} {e/font}


© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1002187-Daniels-Dream