*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1011370-Sad-and-Amazing
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1011370 added June 5, 2021 at 9:15pm
Restrictions: None
Sad and Amazing
Today we had a sad morning. We went to a memorial service for the plumber who died a few weeks ago. This young man, Jeremy, helped us a lot the past few years and was instrumental in our 'big dig' a while back.

There is controversy about his death, but the scuttlebutt is it was suicide. No one knows for sure, and I guess that doesn't matter. There was quite a crowd. Some music, the eulogy by his wife, then comments by people who came to be part of the well-wishers.

He'd come from Washington a few years ago. And just in time. The previous plumber in town, and we had just one, was getting ready to retire. So Jeremy stepped right into that empty slot and filled it well. The retired plumber had nothing but compliments.

Then the furnace repairman spoke a few words. The older hired hand, who was often mistaken as the plumber when they showed on a job, told of his love for the young man. A young woman who often stayed at Jeremy's home when she was a teenager thought of him as her surrogate father, so she said a few words. His brother-in-law spoke of the man's love for his family. Another acquaintance knew she had blessed she'd see him again. Joe, the IGA manager told of a recent service call that the plumber answered promptly and efficiently.

Sad, sad. He left behind his wife, two autistic children, and at least a dozen horses. They say a horse had a foal the moment he died. *Hug1**Frown**Hug2*

From there, I had some time so I took a quick walkabout. It was hot today, in the 90s again. Then off to church. A nice service, as usual. During the main church service, I see the black clouds move in, the wind starts to blow, and hear the thunder. I pray we don't get any hail and that my hubby remembers to cover the garden plants. Just in case.

I came home to a quiet house, no problem with the plants. Then I turned on the TV, seems we have a free movie trial for a few days. Hmmm. What's on? 'Arctic'. Oh my. https://www.vulture.com/2019/02/movie-review-arctic.html

If you get a chance, watch this movie. Amazing. All my review is in that one word.

Tonight a cold front is blowing through. *Wind* The front door is slamming shut as I write. Time to prop it open, again, and let some cool air in.



© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1011370-Sad-and-Amazing