*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1011581-Pray-for-rain
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1011581 added June 10, 2021 at 12:43am
Restrictions: None
Pray for rain
Today started way too early and now seems to be on the downward slide way too late. We went to Billings for appointments and shopping today.

Nothing like scheduling an 8:00 AM appointment when it takes 90 minutes to get there from here. I don't relish getting up at 5:15 AM any more. I did that for too many years. I have a friend that states she rises at 4:30 AM. She says she gets a lot of work done by getting up that early, Yikes, I think. I don't want to even get out of bed now much before 8:00 AM, unless it's a day like today when I have to.

Billings was quiet. The most exciting thing was not having to wear a mask at Costco. Hurrah! That onerous restriction is finally over. We had a few things to get there, but we also shop for a friend. She doesn't want to go to a 'big' city anymore. She states it 'drains her energy'. Yeah, whatever. She is also the one that is sure the aliens are coming soon and will take her home. Any day now. She's sure. Again, whatever. So we shop for her. We keep her supplied in toilet paper, paper towels, kleenex, paper bowls, paper plates, plastic silverware. I don't want to know how much of this disposable stuff she has in her basement. One person cannot possibly use a case of kleenex a month. Seriously. But again, whatever.

The main thing I missed today was working at the thrift store. And prayer meeting. I missed those two events. And I'll also miss them next week. Darn.

There is a red flag warning til 10 PM tomorrow night for our county. For those not familiar with this term, it means we can expect gusty winds and low humidity. Prime fire weather.

Hubby and I planted a rose bush yesterday. We dug a decent hole, and as we dug we noticed how dry the soil is. At least 4 inches down, the ground is as dry as dust. Scary dry.

Now my garden is in, as much as we can this year. I planted 5 tomato plants *Tomato* , 2 winter squash *Pumpkin2* , and 5 mounds of potatoes. We also have one asparagus plant that somehow survived the sewer project. And there is also a small raspberry bush. *Raspberries* The irrigation is installed and watering everything at least once a day. And with this dry spell, I check and water each evening as well.

So pray we get some rain soon. *Rain* The ranchers and farmers need the moisture.

© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1011581-Pray-for-rain