*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017984-Mikey-did-what
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2253743
Prompted replies for 30DBC, Journalistic Intentions, et al.
#1017984 added September 24, 2021 at 5:13pm
Restrictions: None
Mikey did what!?
September 24 Prompt: We think we know other people, and feel they know us. However, maybe they don't know us as well as they think. Tell us five things friends don’t know about you. (Don't share anything you aren't comfortable with sharing!)


Five things, eh? I suppose they should be of at least marginal interest, too, right? Hmm...

1. I got baptized almost exactly 44 years ago. It took place in southern Bavaria in a stream born of snowmelt from the Alps that were right there. To say the water was freezing, icy, take-your-breath-away cold is not hyperbole.

2. I helped my younger brother 'egg' a house one night to get back at a couple of kids who'd hassled him at school. I slipped in the wet grass and lost my glasses. By the time I found them and ran, it was too late to get into the car I'd pre-positioned for a quick getaway. It didn't take the police long to spot the "abandoned" car, run the plates, and show up at the door. We ended up cleaning the eggs off of the windows a couple of weekends later. On balance, it could have been worse.

3. I ran a half-marathon in San Francisco. I trained for it, in part, by running laps around Golden Gate Park (and no, I didn't see the HMS Bounty; she was cloaked, remember?).

4. My (egg-throwing) brother got me interested in James Clavell's novels; they occupied a good-sized chunk of time. Now he's nudging me towards N.K. Jemisin's The Broken Earth Trilogy.

5. If you've been delving into my port, this one probably doesn't come as much of a surprise. The last time I dated a girl/woman who wasn't my wife was the last time I took her out before our wedding; Gerald R. Ford was in the White House.



Group imageWon during one of  [Link To User wordgeek] 's fundraisers

© Copyright 2021 Writer_Mike (UN: mikewrites at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writer_Mike has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017984-Mikey-did-what