*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019258-The-Ol-Twitch-Eye
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2207577
So playing the trombone wasn't getting me in enough trouble?
#1019258 added October 13, 2021 at 11:18am
Restrictions: None
The Ol' Twitch Eye
I've heard of The Evil Eye, The Stink Eye, "The Eye of the Tiger", and even this movie — "The Eye"  .

But, Really!! The Ol' Twitch Eye has got me and won't let go.

It's related to screen time, which includes my PC(s), phone, kindle, and even the TV. Basically, too much time in any combination makes my left eyelid twitch annoyingly.

I have been limiting my time on screens, which is messing up Octoprep, and I think might hamper my NaNo attempt. I've changed to different glasses and sunglasses, opting for heavier tints. I have adjusted as many screens as possible to their darker modes of the display. Including WdC's site and the music notation programs I use. All of this has helped, but as yet has not eliminated the problem. I'll keep chipping away at that and hopefully get the Ol' Twitch Eye under control.

On to OctoPrep and Nano; I have for the most part always been a Pantser, creating a story in my mind (at night usually, when I'm trying to sleep), then committing the tale to the keyboard. So prepping and outlining are very new to me. The novel I hope to write does require research and planning, more so than I originally thought it would. Not that I'm complaining, but it is adding to the screen time load. I find myself reading everything from essays regarding Stephen Hawkings, to travel brochures for communities in the UK. While I intend to keep up, I'm not sure I'll be able to, given the scope of the project and The Ol' Twitch Eye.

Meanwhile, enjoy Brandi Carlile - "The Eye" (Official Video)

No flashy productions — just plain, old-fashion great musicianship.


© Copyright 2021 Richard ~ Shenanigans INC. (UN: brennus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Richard ~ Shenanigans INC. has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019258-The-Ol-Twitch-Eye