*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1042502-Fitted-in-too-well---Rated-ASR-Week-1-Category-2-Words-263
Rated: 18+ · Book · Community · #2257034
Birthday Bash Relay. Excited on Second Place! Now for various WDC contests and activities
#1042502 added January 2, 2023 at 7:28am
Restrictions: None
Fitted in too well - Rated ASR Week 1 Category 2 Words: 263
Words: 263

Everyone was happy. Me? I was the happiest of them all.

He was handsome, kind, with a sense of humour. He worked in advertising, too. In fact, he had his own advertising agency. What more could any girl want? Once married, I could join him and take over the copywriting duties.

This sounds like it was a 'heart' decision, getting engaged to the guy. But you know, it was purely 'head' at the time. It was an arranged match. Yup. We'd met through a mutual aunt, my parents had done a background check on him before he and I set eyes on each other. Only when the criteria that counted in the community coincided did the couple converse.

We got officially engaged within 10 days of our first meeting. There were some romantic days. There were some realistic days, getting to know each other. And the happily ever after was within sight.

The hall for the wedding had been booked. The honeymoon had been booked. The outfit I was to be married in had arrived ... and then, one phone call ended it. His mother had changed her mind about me as a prospective daughter-in-law. I no longer fitted her criteria. Maybe it was because I fitted her son's criteria too well? We'll never know.

So a decision taken with the head had left me heartbroken.

And that is what I think.

Decisions taken only with the head may be injurious to the heart.

You have to find the head-heart balance.

And when in doubt, remember, it's heartfelt and heartwarming, not headfelt and headwarming.


PROMPT

© Copyright 2023 THANKFUL SONALI Now What? (UN: mesonali at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
THANKFUL SONALI Now What? has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1042502-Fitted-in-too-well---Rated-ASR-Week-1-Category-2-Words-263