*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1047399-Chapter-13
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Raven
Rated: GC · Book · Dark · #2293365
The changing landscape of Metropolis leaves our heroes backed into a corner
#1047399 added April 3, 2023 at 4:53am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 13
Jake sat in his cell with Miri tapping his foot and feeling more anxious as the minutes ticked by. The past twelve hours had been excruciating for him, but for once it wasn't because of his treatment. Miri still had her fun with him, sure, but she didn't push him too far past his limits. No, it was waiting for Penelope to deliver on her promise that was killing him. He'd never quite gotten along with the older vixen, but he didn't want to think about what would happen if she were discovered. They may have been enemies, but that didn't mean he wanted her suffering at Amelia's mercy. Combined with his growing anxiety about the outside world, he was slowly starting to crack.

Amelia was his primary opposition, but Meg Myers was still out there pulling strings from the inside. He still didn't know who was the true mastermind behind everything, but he knew both women were threats to his city. With Meg working outside and Amelia inside, Jake was trapped in a terrible pincer maneuver. It had been a long time since he'd been outsmarted on such a level, and it didn't sit well with him. Sam was trapped somewhere, Zoey was being forced to work for the opposition, and his only hope was Alexis and whatever she had planned. It wasn't that he didn't trust Alexis and Miri, but he much preferred being able to fight for himself.

A guard approached his cell with a scowl as she growled, "Inmate, get your ass over here."

Jake frowned at her, not recognizing her as one of Amelia's usual goons. He did as he was told, though, and walked over to the bars. Miri scored and stirred slightly as he got off the bunk. "What did I do now?" he asked.

The guard held out her hand carefully through the bars and looked down at it. Jake spotted a small cylinder in her hand, and his eyes widened as he realized Penelope was in front of him. He took her hand, and she pulled him roughly against the bars. "Listen well, boy," she whispered, leaning in so no one could hear, "We are not allies, but this is the best I can do for you. You tell Alexis that I never touched you, or else I'll find you and make you into my live-in slave permanently."

"I swear, I'll make sure she stays away from you," Jake assured her with a quiet whisper of his own.

"Good boy, smarter than you look," Penelope whispered, "One more thing, I overheard the guards talking on my way back in. Duchess is getting impatient, and she's taken extra measures to ensure that you submit to her. I don't know who she's brought out, but for your sake, I'd be praying that your girlfriend shows up sooner rather than later. Not for nothing, but you're going to need more than luck and favors if she doesn't show."

"Understood," Jake said as Penelope threw him back, "Thank you, ma'am."

"Next time you approach me, you'll be spending the rest of your sentence being my boy-toy," Penelope said, ignoring his thanks and walking off.

"Quite the charmer, that one," Ashley scoffed as Penelope disappeared, "Hard to believe that she has to literally force people to be with her."

"She's certainly a winner alright, but she delivered," Jake said, looking over his weapon, "It's not much, but something is better than nothing. Plus, she was kind enough to give us a heads up on whatever Amelia is plotting."

"We should send her a card," Ashley said sarcastically, "Or better yet, I believe Beth said she found a website that sends actual bags of dicks. Seems like she hasn't had one in quite a while, so we'd probably be doing her a favor."

"When did you get so crude?" Jake asked, smiling despite the dire circumstances.

"Hanging around your dirty little mind hasn't helped," Ashley smirked, "It's good to see you smile again, love. Seeing you in this hell hole and how you've endured reminds me why I fell in love with you. Most men would have broken a thousand times over by now, but you've managed to stay strong."

"Hey, Jakey, whatcha doin'?" Miri asked, waking up from her nap, "I thought I told you to sleep at my feet. Does someone need to be punished?"

"I am going to knock this girl's teeth out," Ashley frowned.

"You did, but we had a guest," Jake said, adding before Ashley could say anything else, "You're starting to irritate my other half, Miri. I like you, and I appreciate what you've been doing, but I'd dial it back a notch."

"Are you threatening your mistress, Jakey?" Miri asked, grinning playfully, "Bad boys get spankings, ya know."

"Not threatening, warning," Jake corrected her, walking back to sit down across from her and rub her foot, "Ash can still take control of me, and I don't want you pissing her off to that point. If I didn't like you, I wouldn't be warning you."

"Oh," Miri said, relaxing a bit and leaning back as Jake rubbed her foot, "In that case, you're a good boy. I can see why the boss likes you as much as she does. You got talented hands too. So, whatcha got there?"

"A piece of leverage, I hope," Jake replied, "And thanks, I think."

"You're welcome," Miri sighed, leaning her head back and moaning slightly, "Ya know I'm just trying to make things look good, right? Gotta make sure everyone thinks you're my little prison bitch. Boss says you're all hers, and I'm not gonna go against what she says and wants."

"I know that, but I think Ash needed to hear that again," Jake nodded, "She gets protective of me, and we've been through a lot in a short span already. She knows you're mainly just acting, but she's worried about me."

"Must be nice to have someone who cares that much," Miri sighed, her tone becoming more lucid once again, "I wish that I had someone like that. Boss says I'm her favorite little toy, but sometimes I want more than that, ya know?"

"Does this girl have Stockholm?" Ashley asked, leaning against the opposing wall.

"You want more from her even after everything she did to you?" Jake asked, "I know how she treats slaves, Miri. I've seen it many times, and I know she had to have hurt you."

"Pain is an illusion, birdy," Miri said, "It's fleeting, and it can be cleansing if ya let it. She was hard on me, but she also took care of me when she'd push it too far. Heh, I remember waking up in her bed a couple times with her holding me. Never apologized to me, but she held me tight and stroked my hair until I fell back asleep. Afterwards, she'd always give me a break the next day. Letting me draw, play games, sometimes she'd even play with me. Guess it sounds kinda weird, huh?"

Jake smiled as he thought about Rebecca and their time together. "Maybe a little, but I get it," he said, "The moments between the pain and suffering, the ones where you know you've got someone watching out for you, those make all the difference. For what it's worth, that's something she doesn't do with a lot of her toys."

Miri stretched and let out a yawn, "You're a nice guy, Jake. Sucks that over half the city wants your head."

"Nothing I'm not used to," he said, burying his own disdain for his predicament, "Lay back and get some sleep, Miri. I'll keep rubbing until you're good and rested."

"You're a good boy," Miri smiled as she closed her eyes, "We're gonna get ya out of here, I promise."

"Even in the depths of madness, there's moments of clarity, I suppose," Ashley sighed, sitting across from Jake, "Get her arches, Jake. She might me mad, but maybe I've been a bit harsh with her. The least we can do is try to take care of her for a moment."

Jake nodded and moved his thumbs to the center of Miri's foot. He didn't know what was happening outside the prison, but at least things seemed to be calming down on the inside for the moment. Trouble was brewing on the horizon, but he decided to indulge himself while he had the chance. Miri wasn't as bad as she first appeared, and it felt good to slip into a sub-state for a change like. At least she was willing to watch out for him. He just hoped that things wouldn't get too crazy too fast, but then his luck hadn't been great lately. Whatever happened, he knew he'd be ready when the time came.

—-----------------

Beth had spent the bulk of her night extracting information from Karen. The woman had talked a big game, and she'd kept her mouth shut tight beyond cursing and screaming. However, she eventually broke down after Beth started cutting fingers. She had to give the woman credit, she lasted longer than most in her interrogations. Even Pam had broken faster than Karen, but she eventually got what she needed. True to her word, Beth had ended her suffering once she'd spilled everything she knew. Pam had come to verify that she was telling the truth, and Beth finished her by slitting her throat once it was said and done.

Karen, unfortunately, didn't have an exact location for Sam, but she confirmed that Meg Myers was indeed the one behind her kidnapping. The new mayor of Metropolis was keeping plenty of secrets, and Karen had been more afraid of her than Beth for certain. She'd only agreed to tell what she knew when Beth promised her that she'd kill her afterwards. Even Goth hadn't instilled such a level of fear in her followers, and that had both women more concerned than ever. Meg was still an unknown in the underworld, but she'd already carved out a new level of terror among the underbelly of society. Whoever this woman was, she was more of a threat than any of them had realized.

Beth wiped her hands as she walked out of the back room. She shook her head and rolled her shoulders. "This is bigger than we thought," she sighed as she walked into the kitchen where Pam was brewing two cups of tea, "We still don't know where Sam is, Jake's still locked up, and we don't know what that psycho Myers chick is planning."

Pam passed a mug to Beth and took a sip of her own before replying, "We know she has ties to a cult, we know she has a vested interest in Jake and his family, and we know she's the main target we need to tackle. You're too negative, Kitten, we have accomplished more in the last eight hours than we have in days. Zoey is back in control of the police, and we have more than suspicion to back up our ideas. You've also managed to rid the world of one more depraved sadist."

"I guess you've got a point," Beth nodded, sipping her tea and scrunching up her face, "Ugh, did you not add honey to this?"

"Last I checked, your arms and hands still worked," Pam smiled, "The honey is beside you."

"Smart-ass," Beth grumbled, although she kept a small smile as she put some honey in her tea, "I'd feel better if we could find Sam, though."

Pam was about to reply when her phone rang. She frowned as she grabbed it and noticed a number not saved in her phone. She canted her head and answered, "Hello?"

"Ms. Irvine!" a frantic voice exclaimed, "Something is desperately wrong with my daughter! I don't know what's happened, but she's turned unnaturally violent, and she's trying to cut me with a kitchen knife!"

Pam stood up straight and set her mug down, "Where is she now?"

"She's outside of my bedroom door trying to break it down!" Ella shouted into the phone, "Please, I need help!"

"We'll be there momentarily, I swear," Pam said, motioning for Beth to come closer, "Try not to panic when we arrive, and I swear we won't hurt your daughter unless we absolutely have to."

Pam hung up as Ella screamed again and Beth approached, "What's going on?"

"Our little activist has turned hostile and is attacking her mother," Pam replied, already raising her arm to prepare a teleportation spell, "We went there under the guise of private investigators, so I expect Ms. Ella is going to be more than a little spooked when we show up."

"She'll get over it," Beth said, donning her helmet and taking Pam's hand, "Don't worry, either, I'm not going to use lethal force on this girl."

"I wasn't worried about that, Kitten," Pam said as she locked onto Ella's location, "I know you well enough to know you only kill those who deserve it. Hold onto me, though, this one is going to be fast."

Beth nodded and clung to Pam as the teleport initiated. The two of them flew through the darkness at remarkable speed. As many times as Beth had done this now, she felt her stomach roll at the breakneck speed they achieved. Within seconds, they emerged in a pool of shadows in Ella's bedroom. The older woman gasped as they appeared. "What the hell?!" she demanded, stumbling backwards and tripping over her bed, "Ms. Irvine?"

"In a manner of speaking, yes," Pam replied as a chunk of the door was broken off by Ella's daughter, "Kitten, the door, now!"

"On it," Beth responded as she grabbed a retractable baton from her utility belt, "Sorry about this in advance, ma'am, but she seems like she's going to put up a fight."

"Is that The Feral?!" Ella asked, stunned by what was happening.

"Mother, open the damn door!" Louise shouted, her tone hostile yet sickeningly sweet.

"Keep her safe, Pam " Beth ordered, slipping into combat mode as she unlocked the door and let Louise in, "Hi there, I'm guessing you're Louise, right?"

"You!" Louise growled as she came face to face with Beth in her costume and stabbed at her, "What the hell are you doing here?! Your kind belongs behind bars, or better yet, six feet under!"

Beth stepped back to avoid Louise's wild stab with the knife. She was sloppy and inexperienced with a blade, but she was still dangerous. "I'm getting that a lot lately," Beth said as she sidestepped to avoid an upward slash, "I'm going to ask this once, hon. Why don't you put the weapon down, and we can talk this out?"

"Go to hell, you vigilante freak!" Louise spat, trying once again to cut Beth.

"Okay," Beth sighed, parrying Louise's next attack, "Guess we're doing this the hard way then. Suit yourself, little girl."

"Ms. Irvine, what is going on?!" Ella demanded as she watched her daughter try to impale Beth.

"I promise I'll explain once this situation has been handled," Pam assured her, "One thing at a time, though."

"Die, you sick bitch!" Louise screamed as she started to swing wildly with the knife.

Beth dodged and ducked a myriad of vicious and unpracticed swings from Louise. "Would you knock it off?!" Beth shouted, raising her hands and catching Louise's as tried to bring the knife down into Beth's chest, "You're going to hurt yourself!"

"What's the matter?!" Louise asked, her voice seeming to grow more unhinged by the second, "Scared of a little girl? Can't handle someone with some fight?!"

"Oh for," Beth started as she brought her knee up to strike Louise in the stomach and twisted her wrist to force the blade out of her hand, "I pummel criminals, not kids, girl. Settle down before you hurt yourself."

"Fuck you!" Louise screamed before crying out as Beth applied a wrist lock and an armbar to the young girl.

Beth continued applying pressure, but she was careful not to break anything. "Listen to me, you headstrong little idiot," Beth growled, getting annoyed at Louise's attitude, "I don't want to hurt you, but if you don't settle down I'll knock you out and restrain you. Don't make me do this, kid."

"Kitten, she's not going to stop," Pam sighed, sensing the girl's unbridled hate and confusion, "Something, or someone, has gotten inside of her head. Knock her out, but try not to hit her too hard."

"Wait!" Ella screamed, but Beth was already raising the pommel of her baton.

"Sorry about this, kid," Beth said as she brought it down on the back of her head and caught her body as it went limp, "Pam, can you restrain her if I put her in the bed?"

"Both of you stop!" Ella shrieked, "Nobody is doing anything until I get an explanation! That's my baby girl!"

"Ma'am, she's unconscious, but she'll be fine when she wakes up," Beth said, picking Louise up bridal style, "I've hit people a lot harder than that, but I made sure to go easy on her."

"Why are you here?!" Ella asked, still panicking and shouting, "How did you two get here?!"

"I'll clear this up," Pam sighed, "My name is actually Pamela Lavely, Pam if you prefer, and my associate-girlfriend, should I say, are both vigilantes. We work alongside The Raven and Jake Blackridge, we didn't lie about that part. You called me and we came as quickly as we could. I'm a mage by trade, an investigator is how I pay some of our bills, but spellcraft is my specialty. We've been investigating mayor Myers, and I believe that your daughter was kidnapped and turned into a sleeper agent for a cult."

"Oh my God, I need to sit down," Ella said in disbelief.

"That's understandable, but do you have somewhere we can lay her down?" Beth asked, "Your daughter is a victim, not a criminal. If Pam is right, and she usually is, Louise is going to be hostile once she wakes up."

"Her bedroom," Ella said, "I'll show you where it is, but we're not through talking."

"We're here to help, so whatever you want to know, we'll try to answer," Beth said, following Ella as she led them down out of her room and down the hall.

Louise's room was a short walk away, and Beth placed her on the bed before nodding to Pam. "Wait," Ella said as Pam stepped forward and her hand started to glow, "What are you going to do to her?"

"Merely bind her temporarily," Pam replied, "If we have time, I can try to undo whatever was done to her mind, but I'm worried this won't be an isolated incident."

Ella nodded for Pam to go ahead with her magic. Pam's hand started to glow a shade of gold before ethereal ropes appeared and wrapped around Louise's body. "Not too tight, Pam," Beth said.

"We can't risk her getting loose," Pam said with a frown, "I fear that we won't be able to return as quickly a second time, and I'm not going to let a civilian suffer because I was too soft."

Ella didn't say a word as Pam bound her only daughter tightly on her bed. She hated seeing her daughter like this, but she still had so many questions racing through her head. "Ms. Irv-er Lavely, is my daughter going to be okay?" Ella asked as Pam finished her spell, "What is going on?"

"She'll be fine," Pam replied, turning around once she was through binding Louise, "The spell I used won't hurt her, but she may be a little sore and stiff from being tied up once this is over. The more she struggles, the tighter the ropes will become, but she's in no real danger. I believe your daughter, and many others for that matter, have been influenced by a group known as The Children of Darkness. They're a cultist group that's older, almost ancient, but they've been dormant for years. Meg Myers is somehow tied to them, but whether they're working with her or for her, we don't know. You told me that Louise had taken more of an interest in politics after she returned home, right?"

"That's correct," Ella answered, pulling a chair over and sitting beside Louise's bed, "She'd become almost obsessed with the news and the election. Then, she started hanging around with that activist group."

"Uhm, hate to break up this little Q&A, but we've got another situation," Beth said, looking at her phone and the news alert that flashed at the top, "Riots are breaking out across the city, and it looks most of it is from youth groups, protests that have turned violent, and other craziness. We need to move before more people get hurt. The police can't be everywhere, and we can take down some of these punks before they hurt anyone else."

"Damn," Pam sighed, discouraged that her fears had indeed come to fruition, "Ella, we have to go. Keep an eye on Louise, and I promise I'll be back to try to undo whatever conditioning has been done to her. I know this is a lot all at once, but it's important that you keep our secret. We aren't the enemies that the city perceives us to be."

"I understand," Ella said, reaching out and putting a hand on Louise's forehead, "Go and do what you have to. I told you before, Ms. Lavely, I'm not against what you and your associates do. Your secret is safe with me. Just make sure you make it back to save my daughter."

"You have my word," Pam said as she held her hand up and summoned her cloak to hide her identity, "Let's move, Kitten, we need-"

Her phone rang once again, and she pulled it out to see Chasity's number flash across her screen. Odd, she hadn't spoken to the young woman since they'd defeated Rebecca. "Hello?" Pam answered.

"Pam, thank fuck!" Chasity yelled into the phone, "I need your help. All hell is breaking loose in downtown Metropolis, and the police can't get to us. Please, Avery is hurt and I need help!"

"We're on our way, but Raven is currently occupied," Pam said, motioning for Beth to come close, "We'll rendezvous with you momentarily. Try to find shelter, and we'll be there soon."

"Hurry!" Chasity exclaimed, panic evident in her voice.

"We're on our way," Pam said as she hung up, "An old friend is trapped. Looks like we have our first stop, Kitten."

Beth grabbed one of her pistols and switched the safety off as she hurried to stand beside Pam. "Really starting to wish I'd have gotten some sleep," Beth sighed as she stood close to Pam.

Ella watched as Pam and Beth sank into the floor. She was still at a loss for exactly what she'd seen and what was happening, let alone what was happening with her daughter and the city. She bit her lip as she turned back to Louise. She hoped that whatever was happening would be over sooner than later. She wasn't sure if she could handle losing her daughter for good.

—--------

Jake sat in his cell with Miri who was sound asleep by this point. He'd moved on from rubbing his temporary mistress' feet, and was waiting for the inevitable. Sooner or later, Nyx or Riley would come for him. He tucked his retractable weapon into his jumpsuit in preparation for his meeting with Amelia. "Are you planning on attacking her?" Ashley asked, trying to gauge Jake's intentions.

"Planning kind of went out the window when we got thrown in here, Ash," he replied, "The only person planning anything in here is Amelia, and I need to be prepared for whatever she's going to try to throw at me. I was hoping Alexis would be here by now, but the clock is ticking down."

As if on cue, Riley walked up to the cell door with a wicked grin. Jake turned and walked up to the bars, not wanting to put up more of a fight than necessary right now. "Warden wants to see you, bird-bitch," Riley glowered at him, unlocking the cell and throwing the door open, "Let's move it, freak."

Jake stepped forward to try to cooperate, but Riley roughly grabbed his arm and pulled him anyway. He frowned, but didn't say a word as she tried to drag him. He felt better than he had in days, and he was able to keep himself from getting swept off his feet. He was still anxious, but he was at least rested for once. Riley twisted his arm uncomfortably, but again, Jake didn't make a move to resist her. He needed to save his strength in case things took a sour turn. Riley led him through the cellblock and he heard several cat-calls as he passed. "Jake, my darling!" Claudia called as he passed her cell, "Come see me once you're done with your meeting, my little doll-boy!"

"Still got admirers," Riley scoffed as they kept walking, "Been sucking toes and sucking cock go pass the time, bitch?"

"Just trying to keep my head down," Jake replied, trying not to antagonize the sadistic woman more than necessary.

Riley rolled her eyes and continued leading him out of the cellblock and up the stairs to Amelia's office. Within a short span of ten minutes, Jake was outside the door. Riley opened it and shoved him inside, "Have a good chat, moron. I suggest you think and choose your words carefully, bitch-boy."

Jake managed to catch himself before he fell onto his knees. Riley slammed the door shut, and Jake looked to see Amelia leaning over her desk with a knowing grin. "Jake, so nice to see you in person," she greeted, "I trust you've been adjusting to your new life well. I couldn't help noticing that your new cellmate has been giving you quite the unique treatment. I saw the little exchange between her and your former mommy."

Jake shuddered at the strange title that Razor insisted on using. "What do you want, Amy?" he asked.

"Warden or Duchess to you, boy," Amelia snarled before closing her eyes and composing herself once more, "I want to talk, Jake. I've been terribly concerned about your well-being. Picking fights with women trying to reform, lashing out at my girls, and shuffling from one caretaker to another, none of this is healthy, dear. You need a strong hand to guide you and keep you in line, Jake, and I'm more than willing to be that hand for you."

"Cut the shit," Jake scoffed, "You sent me to work with Megan, you assigned me to the same cell as that lunatic, and I'm sure you had a hand in ensuring the showers were empty. You don't give a damn about my well-being, you just want me to say yes to your ridiculous offer of submission."

Amelia smirked and chuckled, "Testing the boundaries of those in my care is part of my job, Jake. Yes, I selected your cellmate, assigned Megan to instruct you on a basic task, and allowed Mari to shower, but those were tests for them as well. Of course, if you'd simply give me what I want, I can ensure that you're safe and happy throughout your stay here."

"That why you threw me in solitary with the Amazon?" Jake asked, earning a frown from Amelia, "Yeah, I'm not an idiot, Amy. I know you well enough to know how that sadistic mind of yours works, and I'm betting you just delighted in watching me squirm with her close to me."

Amelia's frown turned into another confident smirk as she stood up, "Ah yes, your dear mother. Let's talk about her, shall we? Honestly, such an unhealthy aversion to someone who played such a pivotal role in your life isn't healthy or wise. However, I think I know just how to fix this. As much as Miri seems to be doing a splendid job earning your submission and compliance, I think some time with your dear mother might bring you around to accepting my offer."

"Don't," Jake warned, trying to hide the bundle of nerves swelling within him as Amelia pressed a button on her desk.

"Nyx, dear, fetch Rose for me," Amelia said before addressing Jake again, "I'm tired of this little game, Jake. You can either take your place as my perfect little slut, or you can spend the rest of your stay with your sweet mother. She talks about you quite frequently, you know. Do you know why she was in solitary? She crushed the skull of one of our newest inmates for bad mouthing you. She didn't put up a fight when we took her away, but she distinctly said that she missed having your face beneath her rather bulbous ass."

"I'm warning you," Jake said through gritted teeth, "I've still got plenty of fight in me, Amy."

"Yes, that conviction is what makes you so endearing, Jake," Amelia chuckled as she stood up and walked around the desk, "You've even got a little toy this time, but do you think it'll be enough to subdue me before Rose arrives? Your mother will be severely displeased when she sees how her baby boy is behaving. I understand her punishments can be quite intense. What? Did you think Penelope could sneak by me, Jake? I didn't get where I am today because I'm stupid. I let her take that little trinket of yours. Now, what's it going to be?"

Jake's fist started to shake as his nerves got the better of him. "Don't back down, Jake," Ashley said, "Let me out, and we can take her down before she knows what's hit her."

"Tell that little whore inside of you to stay where she is," Amelia warned, "Even with her strength, it won't be enough to break free. I believe iron is quite the detrement to her kind, but why don't we test what it'll do to the two of you?"

"You bitch," Jake growled and grimaced when Amelia struck him with the back of her hand.

"I won't tolerate such foul language from my slave!" Amelia roared, her composure wavering as she stomped on Jake's chest as he hit the ground, "Give me your answer, Jake! Thirty seconds, and Rose will be here!"

Jake tried to push her boot off of his chest, but she was too strong. He couldn't remember Amelia ever being such a brute monster to face before, but she'd clearly been training while she was away. She applied more pressure and twisted her boot. Before he could answer, the lights suddenly went out in her office. The monitors along the back wall went black, and red emergency lights began to flash. Amelia took her boot off of Jake's chest as the intercom and loudspeakers began playing music. What the hell was going on? An explosion sounded in the distance, and the entire prison shook from the force of whatever it was. The boom came just as the music reached a crescendo.

"Good Afternoon, ladies and gentleman!" Alexis' voice came over the loudspeaker, and Amelia's eyes widened at it, "This is the one and only Footgirl here, and I hate to interrupt your day, but I believe you have something that belongs to me! If you all would be so kind to pipe the hell down for a goddamn minute! Maybe you'd see I'm doing you all a favor. One warning, shitbags, stay put and stay out of my way. Jake Blackridge, would you please come to the gaping hole in the southern wall?"

Amelia scrambled to grab to the intercom and paged her guards, "Someone give me a status update, now!"

"Oh, Amy, do you really think I'm that stupid?" Alexis asked with a mad laugh that brought a smile to Jake's face, "I'm in control of this frequency now, honey. Wherever you're keeping Jake, let him go, and I promise to leave a few of those fake teeth of yours intact."

"Alexis, I-" Amelia started.

"Don't give me excuses, Amy!" Alexis barked, her tone much harsher now, "You fucked up my date plans, and I am one pissed off woman!"

Amelia sneered and bit her lip in frustration, "Don't bark orders at me, Alexis! If you think I'm going to bow because of the woman you were in the past, you've gone soft!"

"Oh, is that what you think?" Alexis giggled, "Okay then, guess we're going to do this the hard way! I have been holding in a lot of pent up frustration over the last month. You want a fight, you've got it, Amy!"

"You're picking the wrong fight, Amy," Jake wheezed as he sat up, "Alexis might have been laying low, but you're playing with fire."

"Quiet, Jake," Amelia snapped, "Walk away from this one, Alexis. Do the sensible thing for once in your life, and turn around."

"When have you ever known me to be sensible, Amy?!" Alexis laughed, "Is that fear I hear in your voice?"

"You have no idea who you are fucking with, Alexis!" Amelia argued, "I am trying to help you as a friend, dammit!"

"You think I give a damn about who I fuck with, Amy?" Alexis asked, "No, all I give a shit about is who fucks with me. I'll see you soon, Amy. Oh, boys and girls, I've had a change of heart. Anyone who feels like they've been slighted by the guards, feels restless, or just wants to have some fun with the Madwoman of Metropolis, come on out and play! Anyone stupid enough to get in my way…well, I hope you've lived a good life! Time for a riot, ladies and gentlemen!"
© Copyright 2023 Raven (UN: awesomeone1427 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Raven has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1047399-Chapter-13