*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1050704
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1313678
You will find Taylor Swift, women items and everything under the sun.
#1050704 added June 6, 2023 at 4:40pm
Restrictions: None
Old Things, View Of The World
Prompt: Sometimes, older things embody-and in a sense, witness to-a view of the world much different then our own. This is about family heirlooms and what they mean to a person.

Great Grandma had an old trunk of photo albums she saved and a book about our county. Old quilts she made. One with butterflies and one with rings on it. A Boston terrier ceramic dog. Pictures of cats and dogs. An oil painting of a deer I painted. A castle picture. I got the castle picture but my mother wanted the butterfly quilt. My aunt took the other things. I thought about the memories my Great Grandmother must have had. She saw John Dillinger in person. He stayed next door in a house when he wasn't robbing banks. He would drive by and wave at her and Great Grandfather. She once encountered gypsies. She loved animals. She saved newspapers. Years ago, the papers printed who came to visit you.

My grandmother died and I got her cluster diamond ring. I got a blue and white tea pot. I got some China dishes she had. I had lived with my grandparents when my father was in Vietnam and stayed with them every summer when my parents lived in different states. Grandma enjoyed buying a new purse or clothes and a ring now and then. She didn't collect anything. Pictures and collectible things weren't important to her. She said you shouldn't buy what you don't need. Just purses and a ring or two I guess.

We hand things down to family members and some items were important to our family members who passed and maybe it doesn't interest you. It belonged to someone we loved so we embrace it for the memories. That is what it is about memories. Some items we just fall in love with. I do anyway. I have a collection of everything. Someone will love what I have or sell everything to an Antiques Dealer. They all have memories for me.

We view the world in different ways. Sometimes, the world is beautiful and somedays, it isn't. Cherish your treasures, family, pets and the Lord and Jesus!

Purple Fairy Image

© Copyright 2023 Princess Megan Rose 22 Years (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose 22 Years has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1050704