*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052096-Holly-Stewart
Rated: 18+ · Book · Thriller/Suspense · #2292954
A wealthy obese businesswoman gets kidnapped
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1052096 added July 4, 2023 at 6:39pm
Restrictions: None
Holly Stewart
1:30pm Saturday May 18th 2019, The Sternwood Residence, Upper Montclair New Jersey

Holly Stewart drove up to the gates of the Sternwood mansion and presses the buzzer at the electric gates A South American female comes on the intercom "Hello, can I help you?"

"Hi, Holly Steward, Head of HR at Sternwood, I have some business I need to discuss with Prudence" she states confidently.

"One moment, please!" the South American voice states again.

Holly gets back into her sports car "humming to the beat of Tina Turners 'Simply the best' on the radio. The gates open and she drives in up the five hundred feet drive way.

The front door opens and an attractive South American lady wearing a blue and white house keeping outfit opens the door. Holly alights her car, She is about the same height of the lady however more of an athletic build. She opens the back door of her car and takes some paper work, bunch of flowers and a small box of cream slices.

The lady smiles "Come in, oh wow very nice, I will make some coffee, you drink coffee?"

Holly smiles briefly "Peppermint tea if you have it please".

"No problem, Prudence is in her office, second door on the left upstairs".

"Thank you" replied Holly as she marched up the stairs at a fast pace.

Prudence is squinting at a report on her monitor, she is taken back as Holly storms in without knocking "Hi Prudence, hope you don't mind but business is business, whatever day of the week it is".

Prudence adjusted her glasses on her nose. Her face light up at the sight of the flowers but dropped at the site of the box of cakes "You really shouldn't have brought me anything especially the cakes!".

"Nonsense" states Holly as she places them beside Prudence on her desk. She sits herself down on a brown leather chair by a small circular table "Now I have a list of employees, a few on a shortlist".

Prudence adjusts her glasses on her nose and groaned as she got up from her seat and placed herself beside Holly "So this is my shortlist, if it is any ex-employee, I believe one of these, current employees, this person has been disciplined so we must watch him".

There is a knock on the door and the housekeeper enters with a pot of peppermint tea and some coffee for Prudence "I am sorry, but you can't have cakes without tea and coffee".

"Prudence smiles "I wish she didn't, I have to lose weight, please take one Valeria and join us".

Valeria shakes her right index finger in disagreement "No, No Prudence, you are working, I will not join you".

Prudence cusps her hands together, "Well as your boss and friend I insist you take a cake, get a coffee and sit out and enjoy in the sunshine".

One hour later they finish up "where are Arabelle and Donald?". Prudence stretches out her left hand "Donald is at the Golden Plaza hotel in New Jersey, a wedding of four hundred guests is at it, for the daughter of a property tycoon, it's important he shows his face for future business and investment opportunities. He has to meet congressman Conrad Storm at 'The Blowhouse' later, he isn't looking forward to it, the senator insists on meeting there, he is such a sleaze."

Holly narrowed her eyes inquisitively "Surely he could say no".

Prudence extends her hands outwards "The senator wants to discuss business, mainly what size brown envelope he can extract from us. His wife is only two years older that Arabelle and he is the same age as Donnie". She adjusts the glasses on her nose "I told Donnie, if any of those girls in there come near him, keep his hands behind his back, you can't touch them especially if your a prominent successful businessman".

"Lets have dinner in that restaurant of yours Prudence 'The Scarborough' tonight, my treat".

Prudence rests the fingers of her right hand on her right cheek "I really am too busy, there is the expansion deal, there is the Federal Reserve Audit coming up, I really need to work but thank you".

"Oh for Gods sake Prudence, two hours won't kill you, it will do you good".

Prudence bites her lower lip in contemplation, she didn't have many friends "Yeah your right, that would be nice thank you".

"Right so!!" Holly stands up "I'll book it and let you know the time, be nice to unwind a little after the last day".

© Copyright 2023 amateur40 (UN: amateur40 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
amateur40 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052096-Holly-Stewart