*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
11
12
14
15
16
18
19
22
23
24
26
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054472-Oh-The-PainThe-Pain-Of-It-All
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #2258138
This is my blog & my hope, writing daily will help me see my progress and log supporters.
#1054472 added August 23, 2023 at 6:32am
Restrictions: None
Oh, The Pain...The Pain Of It All
My feet hurt, and I'm sure lots of other people's feet hurt when they take their shoes off at the end of a long day. The trouble for me is I'm not used to being on my feet all day, and because the last two days I've been doing a lot of work clearing the house of unwanted stuff...my feet REALLY hurt.

I had another real estate agent inspect the house today. He seems to think it will be a quick sale, but I'm having reservations (anxiety) about the wisdom of selling. I didn't think I had any other option but to sell, in order to pay out my siblings, but there may be another way...accessing my superannuation (401k) early.

I'm fifty-nine in a month, but under the rules, I can't withdraw any funds until I am sixty, unless I meet certain criteria. I'm confident I can meet the requirements, and if so, can then pay out my siblings and retain ownership of my home.

If that happens, I can then lease the house and use the funds to live off while I am overseas. And if at a later stage, I return to Australia permanently, I'll be guaranteed of having somewhere to live. On the flip side, if I do happen to find an idyllic place to live out the rest of my life, I can then sell the property. Another advantage of doing this is real estate ALWAYS appreciates over time and at the moment, interest rates are rising, which means it isn't the ideal time to be selling a property.

I have St Vincent de Paul charity coming early tomorrow morning with a truck to take what I don't want, and they do. The rest is going out on the sidewalk for curbside collection. More work for my sore feet, but all for a good cause.

© Copyright 2023 Dr Gonzo (UN: neilfury at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dr Gonzo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054472-Oh-The-PainThe-Pain-Of-It-All