*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057681-Blank-slate
by Tim
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2299896
An attempt at creating a daily blog.
#1057681 added October 19, 2023 at 2:40pm
Restrictions: None
Blank slate
Here we are, once again. My mind is a blank slate (some would claim it is just blank).
The highlight of the day was taking my son's dog to the clinic for her annual checkup. She is healthy, lost a few pounds, but the vet suspects possibly arthritis is trying to get started in her back end, typical of larger breed dogs...


I need to go to the pharmacy and pick up an order, an antihistamine and a muscle relaxer. The latter has been somewhat effective on my shoulder, 2 weeks post having an arthroscopic procedure performed. I fell down my stairs a while back; will be 2 years come Christmas. I went face down, head first and ended up in a crumpled heap at the bottom of the door. The result was I tore loose all the ligaments that hold the collar bone down to the main back bone.


It has take this long to find a surgeon that knew how to fix; I had seen 3 already. The collar bone stuck up with nothing to hold it down and was becoming a major issue during my sleep. Now, with a tendon put in place to hold it down, the issue should be resolved. It has been considerably more painful than I expected. There seems to be no position that doesn't cause pain but, I add it to the list. It won't be long before my lower back jumps back to the top.


I started a video tutorial on my camera yesterday and trying to absorb it a little at a time. It is a total of 8 hours. New cameras have so many features that it almost takes a rocket scientist to operate them. You can leave much of the decisions up to the camera but that doesn't always work out to what you had in mind so knowing which controls do what is a major benefit. However, it is time consuming to learn and one needs to practice so things come to the mind without thinking, if you need to stop and think, you may miss the optimum shot. With wildlife, you really need to be on top of your game.


That's a wrap for today!


© Copyright 2023 Tim (UN: tapiot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tim has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057681-Blank-slate