*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060164-So-Many-Days-to-Celebrate
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#1060164 added November 26, 2023 at 2:03pm
Restrictions: None
So Many Days to Celebrate
Merit Badge in The Blogging Banana Bar
[Click For More Info]

    Congratulations & Thank You   

  from       Andre      

For competing the full four weeks of the Non-Judgmental Blogging Event in January 2023. 

Please show your badge when entering the Banana Bar and join others in the  Banana Bloggers' Lounge .

 Your blogging is always welcome at  [Link To Item #1985857] .  National Law Day/Talk Like Yoda Day

Fairy playing a flute


National Law Day takes place in May. Next year it will be on May 1st which is a Wednesday in case you want to mark your calendar.

It is celebrated in many different ways. Courts may declare a day for bringing in students and answering questions about how the court systems work. Teachers may use it to teach the constitution or how law is a cornerstone of Democracy. Lawyers may use it as an excuse for fund raising or luncheons to pay respect to different parts of their profession.

It is not an official government holiday. President Eisenhower proclaimed it a holiday in 1958. One of the reasons put forth to make it a holiday was to suppress May Day which is a worker's holiday. May day is considered to bring to much attention to workers and becomes a vessel for communism.

Statistics make claims that there is one attorney for every 240 people in the USA. More than 1.3 million lawyers work in the USA. The District of Columbia has the highest count of lawyers in the nation.

While I was acquiring facts about Law Day on www.Holidayscalendar.com I noticed some of the other special holidays listed. One that particularly caught my eye was Talk Like Yoda Day. This day is also celebrated in May. In 2024 it will fall on May 21 which is a Tuesday.

Yoda who lives on the planet Dagobah, is considered one of the best movie characters ever written. He is grand master of the Jedi council, a general during the clone wars, and Obi-Wan's mentor. At the age of 900 plus years he is used to being in movies, magazine articles, and TV shows.

Papua New Guinea has a bat called the Yoda Bat. Also, biology tells us there is a reddish-purple worm called Yoda purputa = Purple Yoda. I saw a picture of an obscure breed of cat on Facebook that looks like Yoda.

To complete the day, you must speak like Yoda who places the object, subject, and verb at the end of every sentence. One of his quotes says, "failure is and always with you, it cannot be undone."
Having been informed of the value of this day you have plenty of time to practice your speech patterns before next May. Yabba, Yabba, Yoda.



© Copyright 2023 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060164-So-Many-Days-to-Celebrate