*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065054-Thinking-Bout-You
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(122)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#1065054 added February 27, 2024 at 11:44pm
Restrictions: None
Thinking 'Bout You
"The Soundtrack of Your Life | Day 18
"Thinking 'Bout You" by Dustin Lynch feat. MacKenzie Porter


I'm including a live performance of this song from Good Morning America because I think it does a better job of capturing the "call and response" song structure than the official music video. I also think it does a better job of showing the chemistry between the two singers, which is kind of an interesting story. The song was originally recorded with a different female vocalist (Lauren Alaina) for Dustin Lynch's fourth studio album, but by the time they released it as a single, Lauren Alaina had recently released a single of her own with a different male vocalist (Jon Pardi), and her label was concerned with her having two different male-female duets on the country charts at the same time. So they solved the problem by Lynch conducting a blind audition and choosing MacKenzie Porter from among all the contestants. I think he chose wisely; they really seem to have a great connection through this song.

The funny thing about this song that because it was recorded and performed by different vocalists, the song is officially credited as "Thinking 'Bout You by Dustin Lynch featuring MacKenzie Porter or Lauren Alaina" which is actually the first time I can think of where a song was credited to two completely different artists but still considered one song for the purposes of of chart position.




© Copyright 2024 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065054-Thinking-Bout-You