*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1071198-Would-I-Rather-No
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1071198 added May 16, 2024 at 11:39am
Restrictions: None
Would I Rather? No!
Prompt: Would you rather be a famous writer, a Rock Star or a Doctor who finds a cure for cancer and why? Write about this in your Blog entry today.

-------

None of the above. I am who I am, the way I am, and I studied what I wanted to study. I wouldn't be happy with other things, as imperfect as I am.

I hope I don't have a big head and I have never wanted fame. Plus, the voice inside my head, if it lists my flaws, talks only to remind me to fix them. Other than that, I have long ago stopped chasing any idealized version of myself.

Let's leave me alone and look at our kind, the people-kind. The only way our kind will be happier, nicer, and more productive in a meaningful way is when we realize we don't have to earn our own self-love. We're okay as we are and we are our own best friend, and not the worst critic. Our quirks and weirdness and our vulnerabilities make us who we are as well as our desirable attributes; this is, as long as we don't hurt others and do bad things to mess up their lives. Life is all about being real and being human, without a mask or a cloak, and without fame.

Then, forgiveness, gratitude, and living in the present do help our kind to find peace and hopefully joy, too, in the here and now. Not doable? Maybe not all the time, but it is doable most of the time. Especially if we realize that this moment is all we have.

This kind of a mind-set of self-acceptance is a choice. A choice to be real, a choice to embrace ourselves just the way we are.


.



© Copyright 2024 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1071198-Would-I-Rather-No