*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1071366-AI-and-All-That
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2223922
A tentative blog to test the temperature.
#1071366 added May 19, 2024 at 6:49am
Restrictions: None
AI and All That
AI and All That

The palindromic Damon Nomad has put up a Newsfeed post about publishers requiring guarantees from writers that they have not used AI in their submissions. I am amazed that they should think that this constitutes an effective defence against such cheating (which is what it is, after all), since cheats can hardly be expected to tell the truth having already demonstrated their nature in this regard.

What astounds me even more is the number of writers who dabble with this demon called AI. If there is anything that threatens the profession of writing more than AI, I have not had the imagination to conceive of it so far. And, that so many writers play so merrily with the means of their own destruction is incomprehensible to me.

I am stupid enough to have thought that writers, of all people, would have the sense to do nothing whatsoever to assist in the fortunes of AI. If there is one invention that should be uninvented now, while we still can, it is AI.



Word count: 171

© Copyright 2024 Beholden (UN: beholden at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Beholden has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1071366-AI-and-All-That