*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
11
12
14
15
16
18
19
22
23
24
26
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1072977-Oldish-Songs-for-an-Almost-Old-Man
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #2258138
This is my blog & my hope, writing daily will help me see my progress and log supporters.
#1072977 added June 21, 2024 at 11:08am
Restrictions: None
Oldish Songs for an Almost Old Man
When I walk, I listen to music. It's usually upbeat EDM that helps me maintain the pace. When I'm at home, however, and feeling a little sad, I become nostalgic and listen to music that brings back memories...melancholy and heartfelt.

Here is a list of songs from another time...

Deep Forest...Sweet Lullaby and the title track from their 1992 album of the same name.
Jeff Buckley's version of the Leonard Cohen song, Hallelujah.
Toto...Africa.
Gerry Rafferty...Baker Street.
10cc...I'm Not in Love.
Simon and Garfunkle...Bridge Over Troubled Water.
Lou Reed...Perfect Day and Walk on the Wild Side
Paul Simon...The Sound of Silence.
The Eagles...Desperado.
John Lennon...Imagine.
Don McLean...Vincent.
Dire Straights...Romeo and Juliet (to this day often makes me cry).
The Rolling Stones...Angie.
Wings...Band on the Run.
Pink Floyd...Hey You.
The Cure...A Forest.
Massive Attack...Teardrop.
The Smashing Pumpkins...Spaceboy and Disarm from their brilliant 2011 album Siamese Dream.

I remember as a young lad, laying in the dark with headphones on and listening to Pink Floyd's albums, Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here and Animals. The music is imprinted in my mind. If I ever become affected by dementia, I think those songs will never be lost to the disease.

It's rare for anyone to create a music album (rather than a series of individual songs) these days. The people who consume music don't have the attention span and few artists have the foresight (or are discouraged by major record labels) to write tracks that are themed.

I'm showing my age, aren't I?

© Copyright 2024 Dr Gonzo (UN: neilfury at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dr Gonzo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1072977-Oldish-Songs-for-an-Almost-Old-Man