*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1073117-Decision-or-Indecision-You-Pick
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1073117 added June 24, 2024 at 10:54am
Restrictions: None
Decision or Indecision, You Pick!
Prompt: Decisiveness or indecision
"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice." From Rush's lyrics
Do you decide too easily, or otherwise, what may be the cost of indecision?


==========

I do decide quite fast, but outcome isn't always perfect, and at times, that decision could be the wrong choice. Still, I truly dislike it when something undecided hangs over my head. So, I accept the consequences. I mean who can always find the time and ability in herself to assess situations, weigh options, and arrive at conclusions perfectly!

Decisiveness requires clarity of thought and judgment, confidence, responsibility, resilience, and timeliness. I applaud anyone who can come up with all those assets in time, all the time. Is this always possible? Probably not. Still, decisiveness is efficient, solves problems easily enough, and doesn't miss opportunities.

Indecision, on the other hand, may mean lack of information, overthinking, and fear of making mistakes. Then, there's such a thing as analysis paralysis, which results from examining every detail until inaction sets in. People who cannot decide very easily are usually dependent on other people as they procrastinate and, let alone getting things done in a timely fashion, they also miss the opportunities; not to mention the stress and anxiety they feel with their reduced productivity and the loss of trust of the people around them.

Maybe those who cannot decide at all or are late deciders should step back and think again, since deciding effectively means having clear goals, enough information, limiting the options as too many choices can be confusing, and setting time limits for themselves. Can anyone or I come up with those assets in ourselves all the time? Maybe not. But at least, those of us who decide too easily may avoid stress and headache at the moment.





© Copyright 2024 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1073117-Decision-or-Indecision-You-Pick