*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1073351-Envy
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Crime/Gangster · #2321760
A Wealthy Family find themselves the victims of extortion
#1073351 added June 30, 2024 at 5:48pm
Restrictions: None
Envy
Tuesday 21st; 9:30AM North Vermouth Avenue, Atlantic City

Fifty three year old Gretchen McClure is Livid, she circles over and back by the living room window, burning with rage, she hates every sinew of Prudence Sternwood. She points at her on the tv and shouts "look at her, like a fat fucking conductor waving her fucking hands around every time she opens her fucking big fucking mouth!".

Her Fifty seven year old husband Richie a well built construction worker sits on an old floral armchair watching the tv while he tucks into a donut "tell ya what in that suit, she reminds me of a Turkey fattened for Thanksgiving flappin her wings". He puts down the donut on the Ikea coffee table stands up and starts flapping his arms like they are wings making a gobble gobble sound trying to impersonate a turkey.

This gets a laugh from their fifty four year old cousin Florence and Henry a thirty two year old an ex-marine and son of Gretchen and Richie.

Gretchen lights up another Marlboro cigarette, her second in a row "Fucking Roly-Poly Prudence has me fucking chain smoking, gaspy fucking bitch!" She kicks an empty donut box on the ground in rage "I want her fucking money and I want it NOW, AM SICK OF THIS WAITING AROUND!"

"Mum" Henry rises form the worn leather armchair "Relax! sit here! soon, we'll have her! bet that big belly of hers is full of fifty dollar bills, bet Ma you could stick a pin in it and she'd burst with those beautiful green notes blowing around"

Gretchen briefly smiles "You sit back down son, I'll be sticking more than fucking pins into her, more like a fucking backhoe, get through all the layers of fat." Her eyes narrow as she watches Prudence make a huge circular motion with her right hand "I'm going to torment and terrorise you Roly-Poly Prudence like you've never imagined in your worst nightmare"

"NO WAY!!" yells Florence in horror placing her coffee mug on the table wiping a spill from her faded jeans. "Ye promised me ye would not hurt her!!"

Gretchen blows cigarette smoke in her direction "I didn't promise anything!!"

Florence is filled with fury, in many ways she felt sorry for Prudence. She had doubts about what she got herself into but the money, the money on offer was too tempting to refuse "THATS IT!!! I'M OUT!!I'VE USED UP ALL MY SAVINGS ON THIS PLAN AND I WANT IT ALL BACK. ITS CLEAR THIS IS PERSONAL WITH YOU GRETCHEN AND WILL BE AT THE PRICE OF THE REST OF US".

Florence grabs her handbag and keys off the coffee table. "C'mon" pleads Richie. Florence stamps her right foot on the ground "Don't c'mon me!!" She points at Gretchen "She's a loose canon, she will kill her before we collect any ransom and put everything at risk. The shitty savings I have are almost gone and I want them back, ye all promised not to hurt her"

Richie extends out his hands "Look Florence, we're not going to hurt her, Gretchen is just in a bad mood, we're gettin her medicine, clothes, be like the Ritz, we promise we won't hurt her, don't we Gretchen?"

Gretchen ignores him "Don't you Gretchen?" he repeats louder "FINE!! snaps Gretchen

Florence takes a second to contemplate "WE WON'T HURT HER,YOU HAVE OUR WORD! PLEASE SIT BACK DOWN, FINISH YOUR COFFEE!" Pleads Richie as he picks up a tray of Dunken Donuts from the coffee table and offers them to her "Dicey Dick, is gonna be able to get her meds, everything she needs, we need to keep her alive!!

"Why don't we go after Arabelle, younger fitter as both myself and Henry have suggested won't need all these meds and she is less a liability".

"We're not changing!!" growls Gretchen, "someone else can kidnap that spoilt brat, we're taking Roly-Poly".

"No one's changing' sighs Richie "Look Florence, by taking her we get to demand from her business, they have kidnap insurance, more money, we also get to blackmail that big sissy husband of hers."

Florence thinks of all the money, thinks of travelling to Switzerland, settling there and getting to see her daughter settled in France without trying to save for an occasional trip. Unsub-consciously she sits back down "If Dicey Dick doesn't get the meds, I'M OUT AND I'll WANT MY MONEY BACK AND YOU "staring across at Gretchen "Take an anger management course!"

Gretchen growls and commences impersonating Prudence making step hand gestures illustrating growth "I want to spook this bitch one time before I snatch her, since I can't hurt her!"

"Mum!!" are you stupid, you breach your restraining order and your going to jail, its too risky"

"Darn it love!!, can't ya just wait, your worse than Henry and Connie were as Kids waitin for Santa"

Richie turns off the tv, He then stands on front of her and gently places each hand on her upper arms "We'll be given her the biggest spook of her life, PLEASE YOU HAVE TO BE PATIENT!"





© Copyright 2024 amateur40 (UN: amateur40 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
amateur40 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1073351-Envy